Yard Utility CDL Driver
Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc is a multi-location, full-service trailer dealership with an immediate opening at its Jacksonville, FL branch location. We are looking for a Yard utility person with trailer mechanic experience to join our team of trailer professionals. This is a great career opportunity if you enjoy a dynamic, fast paced work environment, offering a variety of repair, maintenance, and diagnostic assignments.
The Company offers competitive compensation and excellent medical, vision & dental benefits, paid holidays and vacation, life insurance, Company provided uniforms, short- and long-term disability, safety and service awards and a matching 401k plan.
● Must have meaningful / practical work experience as a trailer mechanic.
● Must have a strong knowledge regarding the safe handling and operation of trailers, tractors, containers, field offices, forklifts, power jacks, lift gates, power tools, trailer parts and supplies.
● Must be able to handle a forklift in a safe manner not limited to stacking and unstacking 20’ and 40’ containers as well as decking and undecking up to a triple stack of flats.
● Previous experience with suspensions, air brakes, electrical systems, hydraulics, body repairs, welding, refrigeration and or liftgate experience a plus.
● A current CDL Class A license with current medical certification with a minimum of 2 years trailer driving experience with no accidents, suspensions or moving violations for past 3 years is a plus.
● Must present a professional, highly motivated, positive, results oriented, problem-solving attitude.
● Must have good communication skills.
● Must be able to work independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
● Must adhere to all Company policies including safety policies.
● Must pass a standard pre-employment drug test.
● Perform yard utility functions, a wide variety of repairs, maintenance, installations, replacements, preventative maintenance, and diagnostic tasks for various makes and models of trailers in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional, and safe manner in accordance with all Company polices, DOT, OSHA and other governmental standards and regulations.
● Experience in moving a variety of trailers in tight spaces.
● Ensure all containers and trailers are safely and securely parked at the end of each day.
● Perform tasks in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional, and safe manner in accordance with all Company polices, DOT, OSHA and other governmental standards and regulations.