The Warehouse Clerk / Parts Runner position is to assist the Parts Supervisor & Service Center Manager in the various duties of maintaining an adequate parts inventory for servicing and repairing Taylor material handling equipment. This will involve numerous clerical duties as well as delivery of parts.
Nature & Scope:
The Warehouse Clerk / Parts Runner reports directly to the Parts Supervisor & Service Center Manager. Duties are primarily of a clerical nature, as well as assisting with inventory maintenance, cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouse. The incumbent is also responsible for the delivery of parts to customers when necessary.
The incumbent retrieves parts as directed by sales order or shipping lists and prepares the parts for shipment, to including building shipping containers if needed. Dispatches by best method. Keeps informed on shipping and mailing regulations to include overseas shipments of parts.
The incumbent is the designated parts delivery person when parts are to be picked up or delivered locally.
Checks in all parts against the packing list, identifying receiving problems, if any, to include checking for any freight damage. Ensures that identifying part numbers are on each part before putting them into inventory. Assists supervisor in setting up new storage locations and helps to maintain cleanliness and order in these locations. Responsible for reconciling "returned goods" paperwork.
Physically pulls parts from inventory for the sales and service personnel.
Assists supervisor in the proper storage and disposal of EPA controlled waste.
All stock orders are checked in and repackaged. Numbers all parts shipped in bulk packaging.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Sweeps and keeps assigned shipping floors clean. Operates vacuum in areas where necessary. Cleans vacuum and returns to its designated area. Helps keep restroom clean, including fixtures and floors. Restocks towels and tissue in cabinet as necessary. Empties all trash bins into dumpsters.
- Checks all parts against packing list, identifying receiving problems or freight damage. Ensures identifying part numbers are on each part before putting into inventory.
- Assists supervisor in setting up new storage locations and helps maintain cleanliness and order in these locations.
- As needed, pulls parts from inventory for sales representatives and field service mechanics.
- Retrieves parts as directed by sales order or shipping lists. Prepares parts for shipment to including building shipping containers as necessary. Dispatches by best method.
- Picks up or delivers parts to customers when required.
- Receives and checks stock orders, repackages, and numbers parts shipped in bulk package.
- Prepares engine, transmission, and cylinder cores to be returned to Sudden Service Distribution Operations Center.
- Assists supervisors in proper storage and disposal of EPA controlled waster.
- Promotes and enhances company image by maintaining a neat personal appearance and by keeping company vehicle in a clean, polished, and orderly condition
- Operates forklifts.
- Maintains good rapport with customers and fellow employees.
- Abides by company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record to be insurable by corporate insurance carrier.
- Job requires some stooping, bending, climbing, and capability of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Warehouse experience would be a plus.
- Basic carpentry skills would be a plus.