Switcher is bringing limitless video capabilities to a growing industry of video commerce users. We’re leading the market by offering simple and accessible multicam production and live-selling solutions to a growing number of SMB clients–and we’re seeking an experienced VP of Marketing and Growth to support our growth through strategic initiatives to strengthen our market position and help us achieve our business goals.
Reporting to our COO, our VP of Marketing and Growth will execute in the trenches as well as provide strategic leadership, from a market and product perspective, to our Executive team. Our VP of Marketing and Growth will oversee and direct the marketing organization, keeping our marketing teams aligned with company goals.
As VP of Marketing and Growth, you’ll lead and inspire Switcher’s marketing organization by:
- Casting a clear and compelling vision for where Switcher is headed and developing, measuring, and reporting on the strategic goals to achieve that success
- Supervising marketing leadership; ensuring alignment, efficiency, teamwork, and results-oriented coordination between Switcher’s performance marketing and brand marketing teams
- Overseeing all staffing, training, performance management and career development for Switcher’s marketing organization
- Driving a mindset of performance and excellence
Your Primary Responsibilities Will Be
- Steering Switcher’s annual marketing strategy, developing and implementing a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness
- Building and coaching a high-performing marketing team, managing short- and long-term goals that align with business strategy
- Managing Switcher’s annual marketing budget
- Identifying and planning differentiated and impactful marketing strategies/materials
- Driving the implementation of marketing campaigns that drive leads and meet business objectives
- Directing and supporting market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Working closely with the sales department to align sales and marketing strategies
- Maintaining brand standards and ensuring compliance across all marketing and communications channels
- Identifying competitors and evaluating their strategies in order to position and devise counter-strategies
- Minimum 7 years experience as a marketing director, or sales and marketing director, preferably in SaaS companies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Experience working in ecommerce
- Experience driving growth through demand generation, lead generation, and/or digital marketing
- Experience with CRM software (working knowledge of Hubspot a plus)
- Knowledge of web analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Segment, etc.)
Who Will Love This Job
You’re a nimble and strategic leader - You're an innovative and adaptive thinker with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills. You’re ten steps ahead at all times, analyzing the market and our position in it, and can manage change across your department to keep our team engaged and rowing toward success.
You believe in the power of data - You rely on and leverage data, metrics, analytics and consumer behavior trends to drive actionable insights and recommendations.
You’re an excellent communicator - You have the ability to communicate with, present to, and influence all levels of the organization, including Executive and C-level.
You stay curious and keep an open mind- You don’t wait for permission to learn and act; you’re constantly listening, sharing, and bringing solutions (not problems) to the table.
You’re an empathetic manager - You love people and understand that the most effective teams are highly supported teams. You’re comfortable as a player-coach, and care for your employees’ well being as much as their performance.
You Value What We Value
At Switcher, we embrace our Core Values and believe it’s what makes working within our culture meaningful.
We’re Creating Something Great
We think big — big growth, big product improvements, big impact — but we stay nimble, recognizing that we reach greatness through small steps and agile changes. We prioritize what’s important, letting data guide our decision-making. We refuse to stagnate.
We Learn From Our Customers
We work not for our customers but with them. We strive to create simple, accessible solutions for our customers’ needs, and we do this through actively listening to them, empathizing with them, and working alongside them. We win when our customers win.
We Build Each Other Up
We are a team, one whose members are committed to helping each other grow and succeed. We work collaboratively rather than competitively, highlighting others’ wins. We foster healthy relationships and continuous personal development to ensure everyone flourishes.
We Are Open And Honest
We are open to debate, open to feedback, open to changing course. That means speaking up — to and for each other — and doing so with respect and integrity. It also means admitting mistakes and having hard conversations, knowing they make us better.
We Win Through Diverse Perspectives
We value having multiple points of view, not just in our videos but also in our decision-making. Seeking out different perspectives allows us to challenge our thinking, bringing nuance to our understanding and ultimately leading to the best business outcomes.
At Switcher, we believe in the power of video. We believe in its unparalleled ability to reach and connect people, and we believe that video – like life – is more captivating and rewarding when shared in the moment and through multiple perspectives. We aim to bring people together to create and consume video content that matters. Founded in 2014 with headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky and offices in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland, Switcher, Inc. enables creators and companies of all sizes to produce, edit, and publish stunning video content with devices they already own. Now serving users in over 118 countries, our distributed team is pioneering ecommerce video, helping to connect storytellers with their audiences through video to amplify their impact and scale their following.
Switcher, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Switcher, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Switcher, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- 12 paid holidays: New Years Day, MLK Jr. Day, Oaks Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and your birthday
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Family Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance: Short and Long Term Disability, Life
- Medical, Dental, Vision: Company paid for single coverage
- Casual work environment and trendy, newly renovated headquarters in Louisville’s Butchertown neighborhood; a converted warehouse with giant windows and stylish decor, refreshments included