BGIS is seeking a VP of Finance Integrated Technical Services to join the Team in Naples, FL.
*A Relocation Package is Available*
BGIS is a high growth organization with a focus on expanding our technical services delivery division in the US. We are looking to add a VP of Finance Integrated Technical Services to our team that will support this growth, both organically and through M&A activity.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Acquisition Experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional certification or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of advancing responsibilities in relevant finance area.
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and financial skills, with the ability to adapt quickly to manage changing priorities.
- Experience cultivating relationships with operational counterparts and has earned trust as a business partner.
- Full understanding of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and the relevant regulatory compliance requirements within area of expertise.
- Possesses deep understanding of accounting systems and operational system interdependencies.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex accounting issues and account reconciliations and implement recommendations.
- Full understanding of general accounting and audit requirements of the industry.
- Oversee business case development, measure the value captured, and communicate the outcomes to the appropriate audience(s).
- Able to drive process improvements to mitigate risk and drive efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver tailored presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and manage staff.
- Fully developed leadership skills to manage a team of individual contributors and influence peers.
- Ability to make operational decisions and support strategic decisions with business stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker able to see the near term, short-term, and long-term implications of decisions with the ability to recommend viable alternatives.
- Strong attention to deal with the ability to work well under pressure and adjust to competing priorities.
- Well-developed client management and relationship skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Excel, Oracle ERP, and PowerPoint.
- Manage complex and multiple portfolios with responsibility for planning and forecasting, full accounting cycle, process development, policies and procedures, and internal control adherence.
- Drive standardization of financial and operational policies and procedures across all tech services.
- Gain high level of industry and business supported and answer intermediate questions regarding the general business.
- Challenge the status quo with a change agent approach and continuously improve the financial service delivery through system enhancements and improvements in advance of changing requirements.
- Supervise reporting and analysis, appropriate documentation, financial management, and contract interpretation for multiple portfolios.
- Alignment of business processes to accounting principles.
- Partner strategically with executive business leaders with a client relationship and key support to ensure achievement of financial targets, manage risks and opportunities and commercial aspects of contracts.
- Ensure opportunities and risks are fully considered and that decisions are aligned with overall financial strategies as well as organizational goals.
- Assist in management of risks and mitigation of the impact of any adverse occurrences.
- Identify and resolve complex business issues or discrepancies and communicate important information to business leaders.
- Conduct root cause analysis on process gaps and recommend/implement best practices.
- Provide financial oversight related to due diligence, acquisitions, or other complex transactional areas.
- Contribute to the key assessment and implementation of the company’s technology stack across all tech services businesses in the company.
- Propose changes to accounting policies to align with changing standards.
- Share in responsibility for long term results of portfolios supported.
- Ensure appropriate financial control framework through advanced understanding of internal and client control requirements.
- Optimize cash flow through proper management of the balance sheet and ensure appropriate processes and procedures are implemented to complete billing and collection in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong, competent leadership for team members to guide them in reaching their full potential and meeting their objectives, which supports achievement of our corporate goals.
- Account for operations decisions made by direct reports.
- Identify required staffing levels and partner with talent team to recruit required talent.
- Develop high performing team of individual contributors through training, development planning, and coaching.
- Conduct performance reviews and highlight areas for continue personal and career growth for direct reports.
- Recommend objective compensation adjustments.
- Contribute to the completion of other key initiatives as assigned.
- Ensure all contract deliverables of a financial nature are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversee month and quarter end close for tech services business and ensure accounting is in accordance to accounting principles, analysis is performed, and appropriate controls are in place for Financial Reporting in accordance with Sarbanes -Oxley requirements.
- Interpret, implement, and ensure ongoing adherence to contract terms and conditions for assigned accounts.
- Lead planning and forecasting process for tech services business in collaboration with business leaders.
- Monitor forecasted annual performance and recommend/assist in actual plan for recovery wherever necessary.
- Balance operational and strategic decisions including evaluating the financial strategy of proposals, defining contractual terms to ensure profitability, and participating in negotiation of contracts.
- Provide guidance as needed on complex accounting issues.
- Review annual plans and quarterly reforecast.
- Coordinate and lead complex systems setups and recommend technological improvement.
- Review internal/external reports and present data to executive stakeholders.
- Examine in-depth ad-hoc financial analysis and recommendations provided by team.
- Identify and prepare complex ad-hoc financial analysis and make recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand the full cycle accounting for multiple portfolios.
- Approve account reconciliations.
- Review and approve account reconciliations.
Communication & Relationship Management
- Act as a strategic business partner with Stakeholders.
- Provide annual plans and quarterly reforecasts to client groups and internal and external stakeholders.
- Present operational decisions and recommendations to executive management.
- Lead implementation of management decisions.
- Prepare or review complex business cases.
- Direct activities as the audit lead for internal and external audits of the contracts or business units.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Professional accounting designation including at least one of the following; CPA, CA, CPA, CMA or CGA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions, absent undue hardship.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office with reimbursement.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.