The Vice President, Marketing Strategy and Member Engagement will develop and evolve Company’s member engagement marketing including developing a comprehensive onboarding, relationship deepening, retention and advocacy strategy that allows Company to meet business objectives through the meeting of member’s financial needs. Additionally, this role will lead the development and execution of key marketing strategies, insights, and dashboards including annual plans, competitive reviews, goal setting sessions, test and learn plans, member surveys/research, M&A communications, targeting/list pulls, digital marketing, and various special projects
This role will manage a team of up to 4 and collaborate with key product stakeholders to develop annual product marketing strategies and calendar. The team will work with key members of the marketing team, our creative agency, and compliance to deliver marketing and advertising to members. Additionally, this role will collaborate with the Strategic Planning team to support communication efforts for M&As. This role will also lead the digital marketing strategy that includes website content strategy and email marketing execution with high collaboration with the Digital Strategy team. This role will be marketing team lead to put together joined-up strategies, plans, dashboards, priorities and calendars.
The ideal candidate is passionate about doing good in the community by providing member-centric financial solutions and supporting financial wellness. The candidate has a proven track record in growing customer engagement across multiple financial services products and services, developing and utilizing key customer and competitive research and insights, assembling and monitoring key performance dashboards, leading the development and communication of key strategic marketing plans, and leading and inspiring high performing teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads, develops and inspires team members to high performance with ability to coach, delegate, and prioritize.
- Develop and execute onboarding multi-channel marketing series to drive awareness, engagement and product deepening in close collaboration with the Advanced Data Analytics team.
- Develop and execute product marketing strategies in close partnership with product leads. Develop annual calendar and budget, meet quarterly to prioritize actions with product leadership, develop strong campaign briefs, work with creative agency to create compelling and effective marketing aligned to brand strategy, develop effective test and learn strategies, ensure effective targeting strategies, drive key test and learn outcomes, ensure compliant marketing, deliver timely and coordinated direct marketing with advertising (executed by advertising lead), and follow-up with effective tracking and reporting
- Oversee providing the marketing team and wider organization with key prospect, member and competitive insights from data pulls, analysis, primary and secondary research and campaign results. Information gathered should be communicated in digestible and easy to apply manner. Lead and execute regular member survey and results report.
- Lead and facilitate the development of the annual marketing strategy and plan including key objectives, goals, priorities, learning agenda, organization/role requirements, and budget requirements. Facilitate quarterly check-ins and plan adjustments.
- Oversee the creation and execution of Marketing test and learn strategies across targeting, creative and channels. Monitor, report and apply key learnings.
- Oversee the compilation, monitoring , analysis, and reporting on results from the Marketing Dashboard based on key goals and objectives that are set annually.
- Provide key targeting strategies, including segmentation, and pull targeted campaign lists as necessary for key campaigns.
- Lead and oversee key M&A communications and marketing strategies.
- Support and facilitate marketing team strategic and all-hands sessions.
- Lead special projects as identified by CMO.
- Coach and train marketing colleagues in key marketing strategies.
- Identify and lead efforts to integrate key tools that drive increased marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
Key Goals this role will impact:
- Member share of wallet growth
- Member awareness of product offering
- Member digital engagement (email address, estatements, monthly website engagement)
- Marketing team awareness of key goals and strategies
- Product campaign effectiveness (ROI, Open rate, CTR, sales)
- Member retention
- Member advocacy
- Direct report performance, engagement, growth and retention
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following Company Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Focus - Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
- Connect - Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand - Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
- Counsel - Recommend solutions based on your client’s or member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance - Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND/OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience
- At least 8 years experience in marketing and/or consulting with minimum of 4 years in financial services
- At least 4 years managing a team with skills in developing, motivating, and coaching team members to high performance and growth
- Demonstrated experience in executing integrated marketing campaigns across channels (including email, mail, web, and branch)
- Experience in developing large-scale integrated strategic plans.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, reporting on, and applying key customer and competitor research from data analysis, secondary, and primary research
- Experience in developing targeting and segmentation strategies
- Experience in developing and reporting on key strategic dashboards
- Skilled in effective communication of strategies through c-suite level presentations both written and verbal
- Skilled in organizational savvy and effective collaboration to effectively and efficiently deliver in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills — handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's (Required) or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree preferred