Job Title: Volunteer Project Manager
Number of Openings: 5
Summary: Join our growing team and help us to help others. We have a flexible virtual opportunity for a volunteer who can help us with managing projects for other volunteers when available. We are a newly formed Non-Profit Organization and this is a volunteer, uncompensated position with opportunities for: Leadership, Business experience, Scientific, and Technological research. Volunteer tasks will be online via our website, by email correspondence, text messaging, and/or telecommuting. There will be no defined hours and time given is at the volunteer's discretion, but their time is hopefully compatible with working with others in the United States. Multiple volunteers may be acting in the same positions to try to fill project needs.
About: Solvantics Non-Profit, Inc. is a membership organization operating as a Think Tank where members can share ideas via our website and collaborate on beneficial research projects. Project Teams bring members together allowing them to work together virtually and develop ideas for improving anything from their local communities to the whole world.
● Volunteer engagement and cultivation: Manages volunteer projects in communication with the Board of Directors and serves as the project lead for meetings and cultivation/recognition efforts. Prepares and distributes meeting materials including: financial updates, project outcomes, dashboards, presentations, and summaries. Surveys members for meeting effectiveness, provides and implements recommendations to optimize volunteer engagement.
● Develops agendas, presentations, talking points and materials in collaboration and coordination with other departments. Records notes and action items and ensures follow-up on agreed upon deliverables.
● Provides administrative support for projects including scheduling, meetings, budgeting, planning, and organization.
● Task management: Breaks down project tasks into manageable parts and blocks of time for members and the public, then reassembles results and integrates them back into the project.
● Interest in promoting the advancement of technological research, education, and development in the areas of: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
● Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV). Standard Background check. Must be a legal US Citizen.
● Computing skills: typing, email, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, internet usage, online meetings. Must have access to the internet and be able to perform internet research.
Optional/Desired Experience in any field such as:
● Associates Degree in Scientific, Technological, Educational, Publishing, or Communications fields with corresponding work experience.
● History of volunteer charitable service: Project management experience with comparable organizations with demonstrated excellence in resourcefulness and organization/planning.
● Experience in internal and external communications, partnership development, donor stewardship and fundraising, and managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
● Experience and interest in direct outreach to establish new and maintain existing relationships.