Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Vice President Sales Leadership role is a unique and highly interactive position within the Payer Market and the Risk, Quality and Network Solutions (“RQNS”) / Complex Care Management (“CCM”) Business Unit. This critical role will be an essential part of the growth strategy with primary responsibility for leading the team responsible for developing and closing product and service opportunities. This position is responsible for providing all aspects of business development and support for Commercial, Duals, Medicare, and Medicaid Health Plans. This position will provide leadership to Optum’s payer sector sales team and will share responsibility for Optum’s growth agenda in the Payer market segment. The selected individual will also be a key member Optum’s Payer Growth Leadership Team. The position will provide thought leadership and visibility enhancement across the Payer landscape while working across several pursuits and existing relationships to drive Optum’s revenue growth.
The ideal VP candidate is a dynamic solutions leader who possesses a healthy mix of sales aptitude, strategy development skills, and engagement delivery experience. This person will have played a key role on pursuit teams that have closed large, Payer engagements. This person has likely held a similarly senior and diverse sales/business development role for a leading consulting service or solutions provider.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- In partnership with Optum Payer leadership, facilitate the development of a Payer strategy based on market needs and trends and leveraging Optum’s broad and diverse capabilities
- Lead the team of experienced business development professionals
- Manage growth pipeline
- Work closely with - and provide counsel to - Optum senior leadership regarding market trends and evolving Administration healthcare policy (focusing on Payers)
- Meet commitments to shareholders by driving Optum’s growth in revenue, sales, market share and client “mind share.” Ensure adequate sales pipeline growth and close rates to meet and exceed business objectives
- Formulate go-to-market strategy and identifies opportunities for new clients, markets and service offerings. Collaborate in the development of value propositions materials for Payers. Translates strategies into actionable client development plan(s)
- Collaborate with the enterprise solutions business development group and consulting practice leaders on sales and client strategy
- Coordinate tracking and distribution of client leads and market penetration sales reports and the appropriate utilization of sales support systems and tools
- Coordinate with the practice leaders and corporate marketing on the execution of marketing strategy, including though not limited to client forums, information on new solutions, competition, markets, and demand trends
- Actively engage client and potential client executives, building sustainable, long-term relationships based on the business value Optum brings its clients
- Provide exceptional people leadership with a focus on engaging, developing and retaining key executives as well as attracting top talent into the organization
- Identify internal and external talent with the required capabilities to succeed as CRMs and develop said executives in their new roles
- Manage and grow specific, named key Payer clients
- Help establish the brand and visibility of Optum in the Payer market by providing leadership in external market activities such as writing white papers, delivering speeches to industry forums, and assisting in formulating and positioning future innovative offerings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of overall experience with technology and service sales
- Experience in Sales leadership; managing a sales team and organization
- Experience presenting strategic solutions to health plan/payer(s), proven experience working with and have developed relationships with Payer clients
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent sales opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain new name and add-on business while maintaining solid profit and delivery margins
- Demonstrated ability to build active relationship selling across internal organization, delivery, consulting, senior management, operations-units, external vendors / partners, third-party advisors etc.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with Risk, Quality and Network Solutions (“RQNS”) / Complex Care Management (“CCM”)
- Proposal management skills with a history of developing creative and profitable approaches
- Ability to collaboratively work with other support teams to help in closing the deal
- Ability to work across a large and complex matrix of stakeholders, coupled with the ability to thrive in an environment of change and fluctuating priorities
- Ability to analyze complex data and make decisions and clearly articulate reasons for making a decision
- Ability to think creatively on solutions to complex issues and develop viable alternatives
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and at ease calling on and connecting with C-Level executives
- Ability to establish aggressive goals and delivers results
- Proven track record of exceeding expectations and growth goals
- Skilled at negotiating with multiple constituencies
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Sales, Payer, leader, director, vice president, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home