Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Vice President, IT Infrastructure Hosting Platforms at any of the following locations: Chantilly, Virginia and Tysons, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to lead Infrastructure Hosting platform team for the delivery of business capabilities leveraging core IT Infrastructure technologies: Network, Compute, Storage, Database, and Cloud capabilities. The incumbent will lead IT infrastructure initiatives to deliver enterprise solutions to the business and membership. The VP of Infrastructure Hosting will work with his/her peers to develop the portfolio/programs/projects for development of Infrastructure capabilities including mergers and IT digitization strategies leveraging Cloud providers. This position is responsible for Infrastructure Services Budget planning, coordinating Monthly Business Review presentations with senior leadership, and cross-organizational communication.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead a team(s) to be the trusted and agile partner to the business and other parts of IT organization.
- Collaborate with other parts of Infrastructure Services org and SVP, Infrastructure services to Lead the development of annual budgets, program/projects portfolio/structure for Network (Voice and Data), Compute, Storage, Database, Data Infrastructure, Digitization/Automation and Cloud capabilities.
- Lead and coach the team to design and deploy an enterprise infrastructure that effectively supports end user communication technologies like wireless, voice, video and other collaboration technologies.
- Lead the organization to manage audits and be compliant with internal/external audit and regulatory needs.
- Establish and enable proactive cross organizational communication regarding Infrastructure Services functions/capabilities/changes.
- Interact with all levels of internal and/or external leaders, vendors and service providers.
- Manage and mentor geographically dispersed IT teams. Coach team members to identify, prioritize and resolve issues; provide regular mentoring to direct reports; create long term and short-term goals for the team and monitor progress.
- Develop professional development roadmaps for employees that foster leadership development – and the technical skills – required to support PenFed’s strategic objectives.
- Promote professional development of employees through open communication, effective performance reviews and personnel actions.
- Provide technical leadership and professional guidance to managers and staff to ensure long-term succession and development of the IT division.
- Support division and corporate risk management objectives through proper review of project plans, change requests, operations procedures, and business continuity plans per established corporate and IT policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure performance and availability objectives and SLAs are satisfied; stay attuned to future technical capabilities and direction; and work continuously to increase operational efficiency for PenFed.
- Manage vendors and service providers including SLAs, RFIs, RFPs and contracts as they relate to IT Service Management.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the IT Infrastructure Services organization.
- Develop and nurture strong, trusting/collaborative relationships with internal leaders to ensure that PenFed services solutions are properly supported and maintained, and that PenFed’s growth is supported by an evolving foundation of operational excellence.
- Work closely with business leaders to identify solutions to meet or exceed business requirements and to understand the impact of service interruptions to respective business areas.
- Develop and nurture strong professional relationships outside the credit union; stay current with new technologies and practices; studying other institutions; participate in industry community-groups.
- Support the development and continuous improvement of the processes associated with incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, availability management and IT Service Desk.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ or more of IT Infrastructure Engineering experience, with exceptionally high availability expectations (i.e.: financial services, hospitals, aerospace, etc.) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a Director/AVP role (leading a team, providing budgetary information, meeting deadlines, developing policies and guidelines, disciplinary action)
- Provides leadership and direction through managers.
- Solid experience in leading Hosting platforms which includes Mainframe, Distributed compute, storage, backup, virtualization platforms and management tools for the operating environment
- Experience in providing a stable, scalable and cost-effective platform, ensuring security of the operating environment is a must.
- Experience maintaining accountability for the budget, program/projects portfolio and performance/results of related departments.
- Executes functional business plans and contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Decisions are guided by divisional strategy and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience developing performance standards, metrics and associated reporting.
- Demonstrated experience administering business continuity plans and disaster recovery testing.
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Demonstrate experience managing matrix resources and the ability to influence.
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement strategic and operational roadmaps.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Comfortable in diverse, fast-paced, and rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to develop teams and lead people in diverse and decentralized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong IT Engineering organizations and a service-oriented culture.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing contracts, billing and relationships with services providers and vendors for a large, complex institution.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in high pressure, high stress environment.
- This position will manage contractual performance of 3rd party resources.
This position will supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.