Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Vice President, Human Capital will help shape and execute the Human Capital and talent strategies for UnitedHealth Group, creating a wealth of opportunity for an experienced human capital strategic partner to contribute across a broad range of priorities, including culture building, workforce strategy, organization effectiveness, talent agenda, leadership bench strength, and employee experience.
- Team & Function Leadership: Coaching and development of team and broader Human Capital community
- Consulting & Coaching: Partner with Human Capital leaders to develop and design strategies aligned with business outcomes; serve as trusted advisor to Human Capital leadership team including C-suite
- Organizational Development: Uses a consulting framework to improve the health and effectiveness of the organization through various methods, tools and techniques impacting business results. Examples including organization design, change enablement and leadership, workforce planning, effective leadership, and coaching
- Data and Analytics: Leverages data and analytic skills to drive decision making and action. Designs, develops and deploys solutions through on-going analysis and tying multiple data sets together to recommend action aligned with business strategies
- Talent Management: Understands the organizational talent strategy, talent plans and supply chain of internal and external talent. Drives talent strategy and plans by applying talent acquisition, workforce planning, total rewards and inclusion and diversity practices to drive talent outcomes
- Culture and Employee Experience: Deep understanding of culture and the drivers impacting a positive employee experience. Fosters practices to create and maintain a positive, rewarding, and inclusive environment
- Business Fluency: General understanding of business unit operations across the enterprise in order to influence effective Human Capital organization design and strategies; ensures operational rigor of key Human Capital initiatives
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Integrates, aligns, and embeds diversity, equity and inclusion strategies within all aspects of Human Capital Work
- M&A/Integrations: Design strategies and implement plans for Human Capital professionals, to ensure realization of M&A and integration value
- Change Champion: Advocate and support the evolution of the Human Capital function, driving the transformation of the operating model and influencing changes in the way human capital solutions are designed and delivered to the businesses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Behavioral Science or related field or demonstrated equivalency
- 15 or more years’ human capital experience
- Experience working within a matrixed (i.e. shared services delivery model) environment at a large, global, complex organization
- Proven consulting skills across various types of critical stakeholders, including senior executives
- Demonstrated experience applying data and analytics to influence decision making and business outcomes
- Experience developing talent strategies and executing plans aligned with the culture and overall employee experience to drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in business fluency and knowledge
- Demonstrated competence in leading and driving the talent agenda, including developing a strong leadership bench
- Experience developing and implementing workforce strategy, aligned with and driving business outcomes
- Experience leading organization design and implementing change
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Demonstrated history of positive employee experience through all aspects of Human Capital work
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP, Vice President, Human Capital Partner, Human Capital, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home, Remote