Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm
Summary Knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations preferred.
Problem solving ability, excellent verbal/written communication skills and dependability is required. Must be able to remain professional when handling difficult situations.
- Using minimal discretion to solve complex problems
- Answers high call volume phones, handles correspondence, and maintains electronic files as needed
- Respond to all inquiries timely
- Prepares documents as needed
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
- Dependability is a must
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s preferred
Three years of Transportation experience required.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES And/or SKILLS
- Provide high volume inbound/outbound telephone customer service.
- Conduct random drug and alcohol test notifications.
- Oversee/pay citations made out to Landstar.
- Manage E-Learn classes.
- Enforce Company, State and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to ensure operator compliance.
- File, package, scan, index, shred paperwork according to procedure.
- Manage departmental email boxes and fax lines.
- Counsel and/or cancel leases for non-compliance.
- Audit and maintain operator qualification files.
- Process operator physicals, commercial driver license, annual reviews, hazmat recertification, FAST cards and endorsements.
- Process passenger authorizations.
- Process adverse action letters.