Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This isn’t HR. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you’re expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills.
This position is for a Trainer supporting the Optum Operations – Transactions organization. Chief responsibilities of this position will be to deliver the training curriculum needed to support the business unit serviced. The person will deliver process, procedure and systems training for multiple claim platforms and ancillary systems associated with Optum or its clients through the UHG cultural / values lens. May also deliver soft skills training.
The candidate will work closely with the Operational Teams to identify training opportunities and implement strategies to conduct that training and make the staff more efficient. Additionally, they will network across other areas of Optum Operations – Transactions Training to broaden their knowledge base and expand the training offering.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct training for newly hired operational team members on core systems, processes, and applications
- Provide training on culture and values aligned with Our United Culture
- Deliver training using multiple mediums – classroom, webinar, blended learning approaches
- Deliver continuing education, up skill, and performance improvement training as necessary
- Provide feedback on trainee performance in the classroom to Operational Leaders
- Develop ad hoc training as needed
- Participate in the instructional design and development process as necessary for large scale curriculum design projects
- Update existing curriculum ahead of learning events – including gathering of examples, activities, etc
- Secure room / facility resources as necessary to provide for successful training
- Create new / validate existing lesson plans with Operations Managers
- Provide feedback to trainees and Operations Managers regarding class progress, areas of strength and areas of improvement
- May enroll and grant credit in Learning Management System for courses administered
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in business management, training or other field of study that supports job role
- 1+ years of experience delivering training in a business operations, corporate, or sales environment
- 1+ years of experience delivering presentations to multiple levels of employee and leadership
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
- 1+ years of experience utilizing adult learning principles to deliver training in a corporate environment
- Effectively manages learning across multiple platforms / processes
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: trainer, operational trainer, facilitator, instructor, teacher, training, educator, health insurance, leadership, develop, operations, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, travel, work from home