TELEPHONE SALES AGENT
We are looking for sales agents to support consumer and business outbound sales programs for commercial clients. In this role, you will make outbound calls to prospects and customers, acquire new customers, upsell existing ones, and provide customer information on client products and services.
This position offers a competitive base wage and lucrative sales commissions and contest incentives.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to start your career, and with our industry-leading training, you are sure to succeed. We offer many advancement opportunities, including Supervisor, Trainer, Talent Acquisition, and Operations Management.
To be considered for this position, you must complete a full application on our company careers page, including screening questions and a brief pre-employment test.
WHAT DOES SOMEONE IN THIS ROLE ACTUALLY DO?
This position supports customer service, technical support, and customer sales interactions. This role requires you to interact with hundreds of customers each week across the country to resolve support issues, sell new products and services, and ensure a best-in-class customer experience. In addition to being the best in the business when it comes to customer interactions, you will need to be confident, fully engaged, a team player, and dedicated to bringing a positive and enthusiastic outlook to work each day.
- Handle inbound and outbound contacts in a courteous, timely, and professional manner
- Listen to customers, understand their needs, and resolve customer issues
- Research systems to find missing information as applicable; coordinate with other departments to resolve issues as applicable
- Follow the processes of the Client program and perform all tasks in a courteous and professional manner
- Utilize systems and technology to complete account management tasks
- Accurately document and process customer claims in appropriate systems
- Follow all required scripts, policies, and procedures
- Utilize knowledge base and training to accurately answer customer questions
- Comply with requirements surrounding confidential information and personal information
- Appropriately escalate customer issues with the managerial team
- Escalate customer issues to the appropriate staff and managerial for resolution as needed
- Ensure first call resolution through problems solving and effective call handling
- Attend meetings and training and review all new training material to stay up-to-date on changes to program knowledge, systems, and processes
- Adhere to all attendance and work schedule requirements
WONDER IF YOU ARE A GOOD FIT?
It's about building relationships and turning the knowledge you gain in training into customer wins. Representatives make a difference to customers and the company, providing over-the-phone customer service, sales, and technical support. We provide all new employees with world-class training, so all positive, driven, and confident applicants are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates for this position are highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with data-entry utilizing a computer
- The ability to read and speak English fluently
- Have a wired, high-speed internet connection (Download speed of 20Mbps+)
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- The ability to type swiftly and accurately (20+ words a minute)
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Highly reliable with the ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues
- An aptitude for conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation
- Must be customer service oriented (empathetic, responsive, patient, and conscientious)
- Ability to multi-task, stay focused, and self-manage
- Strong team orientation and customer focus
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are prevalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with your team and customers
Preferred (Not Required)
- One (1) year of experience in customer service, technical support, inside sales, back-office, chat, or administrative support in a contact center environment
- Work at home experience
- State or Federal work experience
WANT AN EMPLOYER THAT VALUES YOUR CONTRIBUTION?
We believe that hard work should pay off, so we make sure that our compensation and total rewards are competitive. Standard starting compensation is commensurate with experience. Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance, so our employees make more each year.
Employees earn paid time off as well as paid holidays and paid training opportunities. Regular daily, weekly and monthly incentives are part of the overall compensation our team members enjoy and include monetary incentive and prizes such as computers, tablets, phones, TV’s, trips, tickets, and even cars. In addition to our standard group benefits offering for full-time employees following 90-days of employment, all employees are eligible to opt for our MEC medical plan after only 30-days of employment. Benefits options and plans vary slightly by location.
JUST A FEW OF THE BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage Options
- Paid Time-Off
- Regular Raises
- Advancement Opportunity
- Fun, Engaging Work Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Cash and Prize Contests
NEED A SCHEDULE THAT WORKS WITH YOUR LIFE?
We can offer a wide range of scheduling options for qualified candidates. There are multiple shifts and weekly work variations available to our team members. Please ask a Talent Acquisition Specialist about the different types of creative scheduling options that are available at your location. Whether you are a busy parent, student, or just want control of your work-life balance, flexible, customized scheduling is one of the perks of working at our organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be largely sedentary and will be required to sit/stand for long periods while using a computer and telephone headset. The employee will be regularly required to operate a computer and other office equipment, including a phone, copier, and printer. The employee may occasionally be required to move about the office to accomplish tasks; reach in any direction; raise or lower objects, move objects from place to place, hold onto objects, and move or exert force up to forty (40) pounds.
- Must be authorized to work in their country of residence (The United States or Canada)
- Must be willing to submit up to a LEVEL II background and/or security investigation with a fingerprint. Job offers are contingent on background/security investigation results
- Must be willing to submit to drug screening. Job offers are contingent on drug screening results.
As an employer supporting critical Federal, State, Provincial, and Commercial clients, we have taken steps to ensure that we remain operational while taking every precaution possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our employees safe.
Measures include social distancing for those working on-site, frequent deep cleaning and disinfecting of workstations and common areas, daily contactless temperature checks for those essential employees working on-site, travel policies limiting travel and mandatory quarantine, reporting and quarantine processes and policies for those exposed, and requesting masks to be worn when on-site employees are not at their workstation.
To help protect our candidates and employees, we are REQUESTING that all on-site candidates wear a mask to interviews and training. In locations where state or local government has mandated the use of masks, we will abide by the mandate, and REQUIRE masks be worn when on-location.
For more information on MCI’s response to COVID-19 please visit www.mci.world/covid-19.
At MCI and its subsidiaries, we embrace differences and believe diversity is a benefit to our employees, our company, our customers, and our community. All aspects of employment at MCI are based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. MCI maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling MCI's commitment to a diverse and equal opportunity work environment.
MCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. MCI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
MCI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, it is the policy of MCI to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where an employee works.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) it is the policy of MCI and affiliates to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless such accommodation would cause undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Kate Murph, Vice President of Human Resources, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The purpose of the above job description is to provide potential candidates with a general overview of the role. It's not an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required for the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.