Within this role, you will be focused on providing hands-on, follow the sun, technical operational support for commercial and custom software applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key individual contributor, responsible for supporting information security technologies with a focus on Microsoft and Linux environments. Your primary duties include leveraging your in-depth technical knowledge to manage and enhance both vendor and internally developed applications.
Just as important as your technical experience will be your ability to connect and work with people. A positive team atmosphere is very important to us so we are looking for people who can collaborate well. The role involves interaction with Business stakeholders as well as other Technical teams globally across the company, so we are looking for excellent relationship building and communication skills.
As a Technology Services Lead your role and responsibilities will be:
* Acting as a subject matter expert, providing support and leading the technical triage for problems with applications within the live production environment, contributing to stability and availability, and maintaining a high degree of customer service.
* Incident, Problem and Change Management duties, including ownership and progression of internal and external faults and technical issues. Own and manage failures within systems through to resolution of the issue, whilst controlling and minimizing impact to business areas.
* Part of the on-call rotation team providing critical production operations support
* Leading technology operations, including, but not limited to, log analysis, application and operating system troubleshooting, software deployment, patch management oversight, Quality Analysis for standard processes.
* Working with project and development teams, shadowing projects and enhancements, to ensure minimal impact to the production environments.
* Define technical work break-down structure, Key performance metrics and outcome success criteria for Operational projects
* Mentoring junior system engineers and coaching team members in continuous integration and continuous delivery events.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Highly proficient with Windows systems
* Highly proficient with Linux systems
* Highly proficient with Database Technologies - Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
* Highly proficient with Information Security applications
* Experience of monitoring technologies
* Experience of tech tools, e.g. Splunk, Horizon, Ansible Tower, BladeLogic
* Experience working with Hadoop/Big Data and Distributed Systems
* Strong understanding of network technologies
* Strong understanding of risk and its integration into threat modelling
* Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
* Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
* Demonstration of a professional, team oriented approach coupled with strong self-motivation and personal initiative.
* Be flexible, responsive, enthusiastic, have ability to work with little direction and as part of a team to foster positive relationships.
Nice to have:
* Experience managing robust Quality Assurance processes
* Foundational knowledge of financial principles and managing large budgets
* Advanced Security certifications: SANS, GIAC
* ITIL Certifications
Enterprise Role Overview:
A Technology Services Lead is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and functions for the team. Assigns work to team members, supervises work processes, provides informal leadership of sub teams or technology silos. Manages on-call and support schedules, provides leadership/mentorship/direction to junior team members. Hands on technical and analytical ability to solve complex issues. Have excellent communication skills and able to effectively communicate to senior management and LOB partners.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: