Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support to internal and external clients to resolve network issues and computer-related problems.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Ascertains from computer user the nature of problem, formulates diagnose, and assists users through problem solving steps.
- Evaluates and prioritizes calls and
- Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems and issues related to the Local Area Network, which includes but is not limited to Windows servers, PC’s, terminals, printers, modems, routers, repeaters or terminal servers.
- Develops and implements user-training manuals and procedures.
- Contacts software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Evaluates and tests vendor-supplied software packages for mainframe computer or microcomputers to determine compatibility with existing system, ease of use, and if software meets user needs.
- Works closely with the Sales team to coordinate and schedule installation of client products.
- Talks to programmers to explain software errors and/or to recommend changes to programs.
- Modifies, tests, and corrects existing software and hardware programs.
- Installs, configures and upgrades software, hardware, and peripheral equipment as needed on the end user platform.
- Creates and maintains necessary log files for server maintenance, inventories, service calls and regulations.
- Provides telephone and voicemail system moves and modifications.
- Trains new and existing users on telephone and voicemail systems.
- Installs and tests any new networking equipment at remote locations.
- Updates procedural manuals on each server platform, networking equipment, and PC environments.
- Maintains a current and complete inventory database of all hardware and software programs, cabling, PC’s, networks and peripheral equipment.
- Performs daily backups and restorations when necessary.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related filed or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of IT Help Desk or Client Service experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- General office equipment including but not limited to personal computers, fax machines, copiers, and printers.
- Networking equipment including but not limited to servers, terminals, modems, routers, switches, repeaters and terminal servers.
- Telephone and voicemail systems.
- Knowledge of operating systems, PC Hardware (personal computers, printers, servers, cabling, and phone systems) and Software Applications (Windows and Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of how to operate and trouble-shoot computer equipment.
- Knowledge of customer services concepts.
- Skills in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives, identify and resolve IT problems.
- Excellent listening, speaking, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and priorities to achieve personal, departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively in user friendly terms verbally and in writing.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Work performed in general office environment with minimal time in a Laboratory Setting; minor risk of exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards.
- May travel
- Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
HIPAA/PHI Security Level : High
Indicate the security access level of Protected Health Information (PHI) as necessary to perform essential key responsibilities of the position (access, utilize, disclose, store, and/ or dispose of PHI).
1. Low –information access is of general nature representing summary type data rather than specific identifiable demographic or sensitive data.
2. Medium – information access is specific to an individual’s demographics and service information (type of service, services received, dates of service, and provider of service).
3. High – information access is detailed and sensitive to an individual’s demographics, service information, and personal medical history (past/present medical conditions, specifics of medical diagnosis or tests, treatment plans, and family history).
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of education, knowledge, skills and/or experience necessary to proficiently perform the job. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.