Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The TSM is responsible for managing the overall technical operations relationship with strategic and/or internal clients from Deployment through Support. The position focus’ on a proactive support model by developing and monitoring KPI’s to identify issues and opportunities. This includes all application/technical related projects and initiatives that will occur throughout a client’s lifecycle.The Technical Solutions Manager is part technical support engineer, part technical champion, and part technical relationship manager for a defined group of clients. The Technical Solutions Manager has three overlapping responsibilities: Solutions management, technical support, and project management. With assistance, this position is the liaison between the client and OI Tech Ops to drive proactive performance reporting and opportunity identification, driving resolution for complex systemic technical and application-based issues. Technical Solutions Managers develop a consistent long-term partnership with clients to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their OptumInsight Provider investment. This includes day-to-day management of large, technically complex and demanding client Solutions, developing and executing upon an overarching technical support strategy, detailed issue tracking, root cause issue recognition and resolution as provided by Client Support Services processes in weekly updates.
The Technical Solutions Manager drives client satisfaction by proactively managing, troubleshooting and delivering technical information online, over the phone and occasionally on-site. The Technical Solutions Manager is required to maintain and expand working knowledge of current OptumInsight Provider applications and related technologies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Premium Level Support for strategic clients
- TSM’s cultivate a long-term partnership with clients to ensure they are successful, actively working to remove any technical or operational barriers to client value recognition
- Centralized escalation team for strategic clients and internal businesses (i.e OptumCare, UHC, Rev Cycle Operations)
- Liaison between Technical Operations and other internal partners. Coordinating efforts on behalf of the clients and GM’s
- This position requires effective interaction with Product Engineering (PE) resources, Production Support, Deployment, client managers, and Senior management
- Responsible for helping educate, communicate, and set expectations on this process clearly at the client level
- Proactive Operational Performance monitoring. Reviewing KPI’s on a frequency that allows us to identify opportunities for clients and preventing from escalations
- Provide accurate and timely feedback for purposes of measuring, tracking and driving continuous service level improvements
- Direct coordination with Client Management, Market Solutions, GM’s
- Use Cross Departmental collaboration to understand, prioritize and drive resolution of cases through hands-on involvement and highly effective communication between various responsible client resources
- Detailed data analysis and presentation to client and senior leadership
- Utilize, administer, support, consult, and potentially present on a wide variety of analytical efforts throughout the organization
- Case Tracking
- Rally Enhancement and Defect Tracking
- System Incident Tracking
- Project Tracking
- Communications Tracking
- Understand, prioritize and drive resolution of priority cases by advocating internally on client’s behalf
- Understanding of client deployment work in progress (OI Provider projects, Client Tech upgrades and projects, modernization, Adds)
- Strengthen partnerships between client IT organizations and business leaders to bring visibility, awareness and preparedness for technology projects and issues
- Helps with release questions and coordination
- Initiate DA activities on client’s behalf
- Partners with other Optum teams to initiate Client requests or help drive change (Deployment, Implementations, Vendors, Product, Regulatory, Compliance, Delivery Assurance, Integration, etc.)
- Helps intake/initiate recurring custom reporting or data extract needs
- Helps intake and hand off requests for Client hosted system upgrades, migrations or other large changes
- Tracking and Reporting Mechanism established for exec level exposure and progress against goals
- Work with Deployment lead to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer in key areas.
- Participate in relevant deployment key milestones
- Regular check points with clients to review support performance report
- Holistic view of technology activities across OI Provider to enable client to prepare business ops and IT staff of changes and upcoming efforts (if applicable)
- Gather client IT roadmap activities to prepare OI Provider Tech Ops staff of upcoming projects and any resource needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal work experience
- 3+ years of Health Care industry experience
- Experience in supporting end-users of technology which may include pre and post implementation activities
- Experience reviewing and interpreting data - identify and resolve data issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Technical Solutions Manger, Healthcare, bachelor's degree, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote