As key member of the decision-making team, the SVP, Corporate Finance and Planning will apply expertise to merger and acquisition transaction support and corporate risk management while adding responsibility for managing the budget process, forecasting, capital management, treasury, corporate pricing analysis, and financial support for corporate departments (HR, IT, executive, legal, and finance). works closely with others and senior leaders to drive growth and seek improvements in operational processes. This incumbent will typically be responsible for coordinating financial planning, analysis, and reporting. Work with client and relevant third parties to coordinate and manage various transaction due diligence responsibilities related to client-transactions of the Corporate Finance Group. Among others, these responsibilities include written and verbal correspondence with clients or other service providers to clients.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following Company values:
- People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
- Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
- Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
- Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
- Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
- Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life.
- Develop financial operating reports, such as annual plans and long-term models, quarterly forecasting, periodic reviews, covenant, cash and borrowing base, and updates
- Gather business performance data, analyze, and compare to budget, forecast, previous periods
- Develop recommendations for improvements in revenue growth or resource allocation
- Prepare financial documents for directors and other stakeholders, providing effective access to information for appropriate staff and business partners.
- Take lead in financial best practices including systems for deeper cost to serve and margin mix reporting
- Lead financial teams, hiring, training, and mentoring staff
- Build relationships with investors and analysts to understand and anticipate their inquiries
- Communicate firm business strategies and results
- Conduct and assist in the analysis of client or prospective client financial information
- Conduct company and industry or market research, including public and proprietary information, in conjunction with current and prospective clients
- Content development (qualitative and quantitative) and production of materials to be used in business prospecting and delivery of services to existing clients
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Economics
- Master’s degree, such as an MBA is strongly preferred
- CPA is strongly preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
- 8 years’ experience in the Corporate Finance industry
- 3-5 year of supervisor/management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Works, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Manage investments to achieve competitive returns and ensure a strong capital structure and cash flow
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong, proactive research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information
- Must have strong initiative and be able to work with little guidance & supervision
- Understanding of key business issues.