Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute paraprofessional with ESS - we'd love to have you join our team of dedicated education professionals. *No Experience is required. A High School Diploma (or equivalent/GED) and the passing of a ParaPro Assessment Exam qualifies you. Our streamlined application process helps us collect the information and documentation we need to get you working in our partner schools as quickly as possible!
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of students? School Aides work under the direction of the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. They are also known as paraprofessionals, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and more.
ESS, a leading educational staffing company, has dozens of daily and long-term substitute paraprofessional opportunities each day in our partnering school districts throughout the U.S.
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Assist with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs
- We offer benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You'll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you're not in a long-term role - you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
- Must be proficient in English (speaking, reading, writing)
Learn how to get hired with ESS:
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 800 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 4.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.