Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer II
Education: Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience in design, engineering, documenting, and implementing, and supporting distributed enterprise server environments.
- Extensive knowledge with datacenter technologies. Able to lead and drive continuous improvement of datacenter infrastructure in support of business objectives
Must have technical proficiency and able to engineer & support the following technical areas:
- Enterprise backup solutions & and the ability to recover in case of a disaster.
- Pure Flashblade and Storage Arrays
- Cohesity Backup and DR Solutions
- LaserVault (VTL’s)
- Dell EMC Unity, XtremeIO, VPlex, DataDomain, Recover Point, and Avamar
- Cisco MDS Fabric Manager
- Azure Cloud Storage
- Active Directory and Windows problem identification & resolution in a multi-domain environment.
- Storage Area Networks & Enterprise Disk Subsystems including replication and disaster recovery.
- Networks, Load Balancing, Monitoring and alerting.
- DevOps for project tracking and reporting.
- Data Center Architecture and Support.
- Enterprise Security, PCI & SOX compliance.
- Excellent customer interface skills, and experience with customer support tools.
- Ability to design, engineer, document, implement and distributed enterprise server environments as well as their recovery. Perform cross training of support staff on new technologies implemented.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise system security.
- Proficient with backup and recovery solutions for technical area(s) of expertise.
- Knowledge of IP, VPN, Ethernet, and other LAN technologies.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure/support manuals.
- Ability to define problems and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to triage trouble tickets and route to the proper group for resolution. Able to follow existing procedures/processes/standards set forth and ability to create such standards if one does not exist.
- Assist, mentor, and cross train lower tier personnel with troubleshooting, design, engineering, support and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise server environments as well as cross training support technicians on new technologies implemented.
- Successfully work with Executives, Project Managers, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Developers, Business Analysts, System Testers, Desktop Support Technicians, and end users in the implementation of small and large IT solutions.
- Learn quickly and show initiative when needed to implement new technologies and when resolving difficult support issues.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Use and perform issue tracking, resolution, and change management using standard IT enterprise software utilities.
- Perform enterprise systems management for data center which also includes support for desktop & application environments.
- Diagnosing and correcting hardware and software problems; performance capacity and providing technical support to end-users.
- Assist/mentor lower tier personnel with diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Participate in regular internal and external audits for SOX & PCI compliance.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com