Vaco Staffing is currently looking for a Staff Accountant for a large Logistics company on the Northside.
The Staff Accountant will primarily work in the general ledger and provide assistance in the financial closing process. This position will also offer support to the following areas within the finance department: accounts payable; accounts receivable; and cash application.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, internal and external, by gathering and analyzing information from departments and the general ledger system
- Prepare ledger entries by maintaining files and records, and reconciling accounts
- Prepare payments by reconciling accounts, accruing expenses, requesting disbursements, and assigning account numbers
- Answer financial and accounting questions by researching into and interpreting data
- Provide accounting support by converting data to general ledger system, obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements and reviewing financial information
- Protect the organization's integrity by keeping firm and client information confidential
- 2-3 Year accounting experience, Bachelors degree desired
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze data and circumstances
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while continuing to meet deadlines
- Energetic and positive attitude