Job Summary for Staff Accountant:
Our company is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
Benefits for Staff Accountant:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k program, and more!
- 7 federal holidays off PLUS Veterans Day
- Paid time off
- Joining a rapidly growing organization!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities for Staff Accountant:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Audits of accounts
- Perform monthly bank settlements and financials. Quarterly reports for board meetings.
- Detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Strong attention to detail needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Competencies for Staff Accountant:
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of applicable accounting experience and/or payroll experience required
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Experience with automated accounting programs and systems
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent computer skills using 10-Key by touch and ability to type 40 WPM
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data
- Ability to effectively apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Keywords: Staff Accountant, Accountant, GAAP, General Accepted Accounting Principles, Governmental Accounting Standards Board, General Ledger, Accounting
This position is remote due to Covid-19. We are mandating remote employees have a minimum internet speed of 10 Download/5 Upload to be eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability