Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumInsight provides software and information products, advisory consulting services and business process outsourcing to participants in the health care industry. Government agencies, hospitals, physicians, commercial health plans, life sciences companies and other organizations that comprise the health care system work with OptumInsight to reduce costs, meet compliance mandates, improve clinical performance and adapt to the changing health system landscape. Government officials count on Optum to improve the efficiency and quality of their healthcare and human services programs. Our breadth of experience gives us a unique perspective and an unmatched ability to transform the performance of programs and improve the outcomes of the people you serve.
In our State Government Systems business unit, we support forty state Medicaid agencies with an array of effective complex population health services, advanced analytics, policy and program consulting, program integrity services, and to end-to-end solutions for Medicaid and HHS programs. Our goal is to help states drive transformation change for the people in your state. Professionals at this position will have an opportunity to dive deep into existing technology driven systems, partner with various types of stakeholders and drive innovative solutions to positively impact the quality of life for Medicaid supported populations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze existing business systems technical architecture and create technical documentation
- As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building, and migrating applications, software, and services
- Participate in technical feasibility assessments, solution estimations and POC development
- Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale
- Help in identifying workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios
- Drive DevOps strategy and CI/CD efforts, automate everything and use best processes, services, and tools
- Design automated solutions to address recurring activities to reduce operational overheads
- Work with vendors, business, and technical stakeholders to obtain knowledge of existing systems and processes
- Drive system analysis, design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Quickly research technical issues, dive deep and maintain broad based technical knowledge
- Leads small projects, mentor, train other team members and facilitate onboarding and ongoing training
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to solution engineering and delivery teammates including solution building blocks, reference implementation, design patterns and best practice guidelines
- Create and maintain technical artifacts such as data model, mapping and technical design specifications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Overall experience of 10+ years with information technology systems with progressive responsibilities
- 5+ years hands-on Java, JSP, Microservices, Node, Design patterns
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Analyst or Solution Architect
- 3+ years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL and ability to write and tune advanced SQL queries
- 3+ years of Experience Capturing Requirements, Documenting System/Process Changes, and/or Design/Thinking Experience
- 3+ years of experience Participating in a Project Delivery Environment
- 2+ year experience with Struts and EJBs
- 1+ year experience with JBoss server
- State Government Child Services Experience
- An understanding of a variety of modeling and/or diagramming techniques and tools
- Experience creating & analyzing Context diagrams, process flow diagrams, ER models, data models, etc.
- Experience analyzing the current business, detecting critical deficiencies, and recommending solutions for improvement
- Ability to act as project technical lead for projects
- Experience working with Agile Methodology
- Experience in working in an onshore/offshore model and managing major programs/multiple projects.
- Aware of latest technology trends, engineering processes, practices, and software metrics
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science or related field
- State Government project experience
- Working knowledge of RESTFul APIs
- Working experience in CI/D and GIT
- Test Automation experience
- UnitedHealth Group/UHC/Optum experience
- Coordination, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Well-honed communication skills, evidenced by successful senior level interactions and presentation experiences
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommuter, telecommute, remote, work from home, software engineer, IT, technology, healthcare, information systems, computer science, solution architect, systems analyst