A UnitedHealth Group company, Optum unites the brightest minds to transform organizations and improve health care through information and technology. We serve a diverse customer base within the health care community, including health care payers, providers, employers, pharmaceutical companies, consumers, workers' compensation and auto liability insurers, and government agencies.
Optum Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is a leading provider of health economics and outcomes research and consulting to help clients realize the full potential of their brands. As an international organization that counts among its clients most of the top 20 biopharmaceutical companies in the world, Optum HEOR has a world-class reputation in consulting, econometrics, and outcomes research. We are seeking high-energy, driven scientists who thrive in a fast-paced environment and who have a talent for communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences. We offer access to some of the largest secondary data assets available for outcomes research and the resources of our parent company to drive unique data and research opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide scientific leadership and project management on multiple outcomes research and health economic studies that include Primary Data Collection (PDC) approaches (e.g. survey research)
- Stay abreast of and implement cutting edge techniques in PDC research methodology
- Lead research teams
- Design research studies
- Oversee study analyses
- Interpret and communicate research findings to diverse audiences
- Disseminate study results via manuscripts, reports, and conference presentations
- Manage client relationships
- Oversee internal project teams and manage study budgets and timelines
- Conduct business development activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A master's or doctoral degree in health services research (HSR), economics, health economics, public health, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, nursing, MD or other healthcare field
- 3+ years of research experience in the pharmaceutical industry, health economics, health plan/payer clinical operations, or health outcomes research OR minimum 5 years data driven research experience in another field
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment, working with other intelligent, highly-educated researchers
- Most importantly, leaders must have passion, dedication and energy, commitment to high standards and core values, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated experience managing teams across multiple functional areas
- Record of publication
- Demonstrated experience in data driven research. Experience with secondary data assets, administrative claims databases or electronic medical record data a plus
- Strong interpersonal savvy and the ability to build relationships
- Must have a curious mind and be internally motivated to achieve excellence. We are seeking smart people who thrive on helping customers solve complex challenges
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- A doctoral degree in health services research (HSR), economics, health economics, public health, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, nursing, PharmD or MD.
- 3+ years of conducting research studies that include direct procurement of primary data in various disease areas and with pharmaceutical or device therapies
- Preferred previous human subjects training and institutional review board submission experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Research; Respiratory Disease; Healthcare, Economics, Outcomes; epidemiology, Minnesota, MN, Telecommute, Remote, Work from home