Sr Manufacturing Engineer - Aftermarket
Requisition ID 2022-6994
Category Mechanical Engineering
Segment Kaman Aerospace
Shift Shift 1
# of Openings 1
This position is a great opportunity for an energetic individual who wants to have variety in their day-to-day job. This position requires an individual to be agile and adapt to the challenges of a new day and provides the candidate with a stimulating environment in which innovation and creativity are rewarded. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer for Aftermarket will work under the general direction of the Sr. Manager of Manufacturing Engineering with minimum supervision. They will be responsible for managing the Manufacturing Engineering effort for assigned manufacturing cells, programs/projects to achieve specific ME/customer goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities within the Cells to which he is assigned. Provides the Mfg. Eng. direction required to support the Non-Recurring, Sustaining, Planning and Tooling coverage, Lean and Cost Improvement effort participation needed in all Assigned Cells. Provides the direction to other Mfg. Eng. personnel assigned to these Cells. Works effectively with the various Production Managers, Cell Leaders, functional and customer representatives to ensure the overall success of the production effort.
- Create/revise vendor instructions. Use blueprints and applicable specifications to determine inspection requirements. Prepare inspection summary sheets, First Article Inspections (FAI) and provide instructions for use.
- Cultivates and Supports Lean Activities, Cellular Standardization and Continuous Improvement practices throughout, using the various tools and methods associated with KQM.
- Evaluate current state-of-the art manufacturing process. May independently research advance technologies. Perform, make vs. buy analyses and provide related recommendations to management. Assist in developing future processes that may be required to meet departmental and company goals. Evaluate current manufacturing problems and determine state-of-the art solutions. Maintain and improve Kaman's competitive position by identifying, justifying and implementing manufacturing improvements. Evaluate and recommend capital equipment as assigned.
- Prepare the technical portion of new business proposals working effectively with customer representatives and other company functional units in order to assure compliance to the customer's "Request For Quotation." Select manufacturing methods and production processes, select tooling, define Manufacturing Engineering, Tool Design and Tool Fabrication costs required to implement.
- Assist in the establishment and tracking of budget requirements for the Manufacturing Engineering Planning, Tool Design, Tool Fabrication and Tool Material Requirements, monitor schedule and participate in the efforts to ensure the timely completion of program commitments and the timely resolution of problems.
- Assist in determining department manpower requirements and provide information to supporting departments of anticipated workloads. Assist in providing sustaining engineering assistance to production to expedite resolution of component fabrication problems.
- Assist in the training and development of the manufacturing engineering personnel in the use of our state-of-the-art systems. Assign, review and check work of lower level personnel. Contribute to performance evaluation of same. Is responsible for maintaining the morale, effectiveness, and attendance of the employees in the group at acceptably high levels.
- Siemens NX experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field required.
- 5+ years of related Aviation manufacturing experience required, structures are preferred.
- Must be able to read moderate to complex blueprints, technical drawings, bills of material, assembly instructions utilized to build units, assemblies and/or machine parts.
- Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering.
- Effective oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team/collaborative environment.
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status. All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.