This isn't HR. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Part of Learning Solutions, our Instructional Designer team is responsible for applying instructional design and development principles and processes to produce effective, engaging and innovative programs to support our internal operations business segments. As a member of this team you will consult with business partners to determine and propose performance improvement solutions, including training or other activities to ensure learning transfer occurs and performance gaps are met. Our design team conducts needs assessment and skills analysis for the business functions we support. We then use the analysis to design and develop training and performance-support solutions. Your primary goal is to ensure learning transfer occurs and to successfully address performance gaps.
As a Senior Instructional Designer, you will be responsible to keep abreast of various design strategies, with emphasis in virtual, self-paced, and instructor led learning. You will create original synchronous and asynchronous learning solutions in addition to converting existing instructor-led training programs to Online Learning programs. The Senior Instructional Designer will apply innovative and creative strategies including but not limited to web-based tutorials, documented procedures, audio and video vignettes, and simulations using various technology tools. In this role, you may act as a project manager over smaller efforts or be part of a design team with focus on larger efforts that may include a dedicated project manager. You will also be responsible for leading larger scale design efforts, leading multiple designers toward a common design project goal.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Applies a systems approach to curriculum design, re-design and development
- Participates in the planning, development, and evaluation of learning programs from new hire training materials supporting ongoing learning and professional development of our operations’ learner audiences
- Creates or converts existing instructor-led curriculum into an online learning format
- Define learning objectives
- Assume a lead role with multiple designers working on common design-related goal / projects
- Be a mentor to other Instructional Designers
- Accept responsibilities as needed in defining process and standards
- Builds collaborative partnerships with peers, others in Learning Solutions and with business partners
- Builds strategic roadmap for larger scale projects and forecasting on design capabilities
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed. Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in conducting learning analysis
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing engaging, effective online learning programs and tools, both synchronous and asynchronous, using current and successful strategies while applying a systematic approach to instructional design and development
- Experience producing quality results using rapid development models and tools
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning and needs assessment techniques
- Experience with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Suite, Storyline, Engage or equivalent online learning development tools
- Experience with incorporating multiple media elements in to learning programs including audio, video, animation, simulation, and self-developed graphics
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in applicable field of instructional design and technology. Equivalent Bachelor’s degree or work experience will be considered
- Experience in leading design projects in which multiple designers contribute
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Visio
- Solid analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and fact-based decision making abilities
- Solid time management, planning skills
- Experience in project management, planning skills and working on multiple projects at a time
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience working through ambiguity
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 10 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Training, Learning and Development, Graphic Design, Instructional Design, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home