If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will provide administrative support for the senior vice president of Enterprise Marketing Capabilities in the Marketing and Customer Experience Office and the direct team (8 leaders) and operational support for their respective teams. This assignment is designed to offer a senior administrative assistant experience, as well as the ability to learn Marketing / Capability functions and broader Optum businesses, while developing business management operations skills and competencies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Management of calendars and coordination of meeting attendance
- Proactive preparation for business meetings including all logistics and applicable materials (webcasts, audio/visual/telecom needs, room setup, catering support)
- Managing travel schedules, including submission and tracking all expenses
- Email monitoring in coordination with leadership as needed
- Providing department business liaison (BSL) support including procurement, employee onboarding, systems access, ad hoc software / hardware requests, new technology roll-outs, real estate support as needed
- Working independently and establishing themselves as a go-to resource
- Aligning closely with the marketing and customer office leaders and additional business partners to create and facilitate best practices
- Light project management assignments including gathering data and conducting research in support of leader needs for monthly / quarterly / ad hoc executive meetings; noting and following up on action items to support project deliverables
- Develop and edit power point presentations
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization; represent the team with professionalism and integrity
- Ability to collaborate with administrative support team members to meet needs across the department
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma
- 5+ years of administrative experience, at least 3 of which include supporting senior executives
- Advanced experience using Microsoft PowerPoint; ability to create and/or edit PowerPoint slides to utilize in executive / staff meetings
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams for complex calendar management including meetings, travel and conferences
- Proficient with additional MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Experience managing multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to think proactively, balance multiple demands and manage complex and competing priorities
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with people at all levels
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Calm, professional demeanor and ability to prioritize / multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Admin Assistant, Marketing, Optum Marketing, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from Home, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota