100% Remote / SQL Data Modeler / Opportunity to improve lives for our Veterans / Create predictive models and identify impactful trends for Major Incident Management
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Blake Williams
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $115,000 per year
A bit about us:
Support our Veterans! We are on a mission to transform government IT to drive efficiency and tax payer value to improve the lives of our Veterans. We know how to drive IT transformation so federal agencies can work faster and easier, enabling them to focus on their important roles in serving the needs of our citizens. Our team supports the application and performance monitoring for over 800 applications used by the VA and Veterans Hospitals across the USA.
Why join us?
There's one thing that unites us, no matter where in the world we live: we are transformers. Transformer is more than just a catchy title; it’s the core of who we are as a company. We wholeheartedly embrace this title, both in how we approach our customer work and in the workplace culture we create. We offer tons of benefits for our employees.
- 401(k) & Roth retirement plans w/ company match up to 4%
- Generous Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA, DCA, transit, & parking)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with employer contribution
- Life and AD&D insurance; 1x salary, up to $300K max
- Short and long-term disability
- Voluntary life/AD&D (employee, spouse, & child)
- Legal plan
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness, accident, & hospital insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral program
- Bereavement/jury duty leave
- Spot bonus program
We are seeking a SQL Data Modeler, who will apply operations research and data science skill sets and methods to support building processes that manage and improve OIT’s response posture to system events impacting end users and Veterans. This includes working with business partners to improve communication and responsiveness to application failures by minimizing impacts in performance degradation and availability, working towards a significant reduction in application downtime and impact to the users. In this role you will directly support a Chief Data Scientist team lead, working alongside analytics and data science professionals.
- Use modern data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: R, SAS, Python, Splunk, ITSI, Pyramid, Power BI) to mine data from systems, compile and compare data sources, and identify impactful trends or insight related to systems performance, availability, and reliability.
- Conduct quantitative analysis using operations research tools, economics, and other quantitative techniques in the areas of procedural implementations and performance issues.
- Assist in the definition of machine learning and data mining strategies that support automation of rational decision making, workflow analysis
- Perform modeling and simulation functions or operations such as, but not limited to exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction in applicable fields.
- Supports the creation, deployment, maintenance and refining decision management models.
- Performs modeling and simulation functions or operations such as, but not limited to exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction in applicable fields.
- Support the collection, development, and/or editing of content for white papers and other communication devices; and assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of executive communication to effect process improvement.
- 5+ years of data science and data modeling experience using data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: R, SAS, Python, Splunk, ITSI, Pyramid, Power BI)
- Experience mining data from data sources and identify impactful trends from Major Incident Management (MIM), Problem Management (PM), High Priority Incident (HPI), and Critical Priority Incident (CPI), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Statistics or Computer Science
- 10+ years of relevant experience may be substituted for bachelors degree
- Ability to pass a background check including fingerprinting and a Public Trust Clearance
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.