Crowley is a privately-owned marine, transportation and logistics company providing worldwide solutions since 1892. We have over 6,000 high-performing team members in 34 countries and Caribbean territories, who are diverse, encouraged and deliver on their commitments. We are Crowley, the people who know.
The Crowley Way
We believe in and celebrate the power of collaboration between people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who share their differences and are driven to achieve business and personal goals. We support the development of our high-performers and are committed to guiding them every step of the way.
What does this role look like?
You will be responsible for monitoring and communicating carrier performance within Crowley’s visibility platform and transportation management systems.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing operational and customer support by enforcing carrier compliance to reach and maintain Crowley’s service standards.
- Researching, onboarding and training carriers to utilize Crowley tools for shipment tracking.
- Assisting in the development of scorecards to monitor performance and compliance for timely and accurate shipment updates.
- Acting as a liaison between carriers, operations, and management teams to help resolve conflicts and build carrier relationships.
- Ensuring results in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, transportation, or a related field; or a combination of post high school education and experience.
- 2-3 years' experience in Transportation, customer service, sales, negotiation, or other related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Outlook, Word and OneDrive. Transportation management systems and reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) experience a plus.
What an average day looks like:
- You communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- You establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- You prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- You identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- You perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- You gather, interpret, report and use data and other information concerning assigned activities.
- You function effectively with, or as part of a team.
- You are skilled in preparing clear and concise documents, including but not limited to reports, procedures, correspondences and other written materials.
Apply if you identify with these traits:
- Demonstrates self-awareness (Our culture thrives on positive intent, which applies to receiving/giving feedback).
- Action-oriented (you figure things out and execute).
- Manage ambiguity (things change so we want to know you can adapt).
- Collaborates (you know five heads are better than one).
- Nimble learning (you're knowledgeable of a lot of subjects and are not afraid to share and seek new skills and insight).
What else is in it for you?
Our people enjoy some amazing perks, check out a few below:
Employee resource groups - These dynamic committees are driven by you and your peers and are designed for networking, engaging and growing your interests. We welcome new groups all the time!
Personal development - We believe that personal development is key to a high-performance organization and encourage our employees to own their own growth. We offer a variety of training classes and resources for employee and team development and promote a culture of learning.
Awesome people - Your colleagues will challenge you to be your best every single day and acknowledge your efforts. Plus, our people know how to have fun. (Search #OneCrowley for a sneak peek)
If this position doesn't sound like a fit for you, check out our other openings. www.crowley.com/careers
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer. For affirmative action purposes and to assist in our compliance with federal government record keeping, we would request that you complete a voluntary self-identification information form. All information provided will be kept confidential and separate from your application data.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Extended use of a computer keyboard, viewing of a computer monitor and the ability to sit for long periods of time.
The position is Non-Exempt. May require the ability to work overtime to meet required deadlines. All work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health are expected to be respected and complied.