When a user tries new software, they expect it to be intuitive and run smoothly. Functionality, reliability, and user experience are key to successful software development – and that means rigorous testing. That’s why we need you, a software test engineer who can learn how to thoroughly test software and work with developers to make sure our team releases the best software possible.
As a tester on our team, you’ll assist developers with evaluating software developed for veterans' affairs. You’ll help build a test plan with test cases based on user stories. Using manual processes, you’ll help generate data and execute the test cases to see how the software performs, then document the results and communicate defects to the development team so they can start improving the tool. Team members may have the opportunity to gain skills in automation and development while establishing your software testing experience. Join us as we develop software solutions to help and honor our nation's veterans.
- 1+ year(s) of experience with testing
- Experience with test methodologies, QA process, and the software release cycle
- Knowledge of Operating Systems and networking
- Knowledge of release procedures and software defect tracking
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Ability to apply appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans and test cases
- Experience with JIRA
- Ability to obtain VA Medium-Background Investigation clearance
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience in an Agile working environment