Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Test Engineer in Jacksonville, FL.
The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for researching and analyzing data processing practices and procedures and develops solutions and recommendations for improvement. The candidate completes complex programming assignments by defining specifications, writing new or modified code, and testing the code to verify the program.
- Software Test Engineer maintains project estimates and project management timelines for major projects
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of specifications for major projects to be estimated (e.g., report changes, control file changes, file fixes)
- Determines programming requirements for major projects (e.g., product updates, conversions)
- As a Software Test Engineer, you develop requirements for system enhancements
- Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving
- Develops technical designs that will meet system objectives and minimize the impact on operations
- Codes programs that interface with multiple applications
- Advises client personnel on software conversion and installation activities
- Software Test Engineer prepares user, operations, and system manuals documentation
- Modifies programs that are command driven
- 2 phone/video interview; 1st with team and 2nd with manager