Software Engineer I
Responsible for the research, design, development, analysis, testing, and implementation of software operating or application systems. Communicates project information to client, project manager, or other design personnel working on projects. Maintains good working relationships with clients and staff. Writes and maintains complete documentation. Supports team members and ensures established goals and deadlines are met. Keeps management informed of status and significant problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meet with the business to determine functional and technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training and documentation.
- Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans)
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed for engineering processes
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) and maintain updated ticketing for events, incidents, requests, changes, problems, etc.
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Act as a point of escalation for Service Desk and NOC ticketing for advanced issue resolution.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Project designs and plans are creative, employ useful technologies, meet deadlines, and fulfill goals and requirements.
- Project estimates are well-researched and accurate.
- Project testing procedures are effective and timely. Results are well-analyzed, and problems are corrected.
- Good communication and working relationships exist with clients and co-workers. Concerns are promptly addressed, and any problems effectively resolved.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Company policies and procedures are closely followed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology - or relevant field experience
- Experience with web services (REST, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Automation testing background
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as XP/SCRUM
- Good understanding of issue troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices to write high quality code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on Salesforce platform
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Lightning, Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing)
- Software engineering skills with Java SE & EE (Java, JSF, SQL)
- Experience in working with CI/CD platforms (Copado, Jitterbit)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools