UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position within UHC is part of AIM – Agility & Information Management - Our mission is simple: make technology an asset for our business, not a problem. We will provide analytics, inventory management, project guidance and technology solutions that bring efficiencies to those we serve. AIM falls under the larger group of Broker & Employer Operations - BEO is comprised of all of our customer and broker facing operations and their related back office functions. Our goal is to deliver exceptional customer experience from the initial proposal and onboarding through the day to day servicing of the account.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design / architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Work with a team of software engineers for one or more Agile scrum teams assigned to work on the project
- Provide hands-on coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to other software engineers within the team
- Defining technology strategy and vision for multiple applications that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability and performance
- You will maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to architectural solutions
- You will ensure alignment of solutions with business and IT goals/objectives
- You will identify and quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
- You will facilitate/lead/participate in identification of solution options and features
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years in UI development
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- 3+ years of experience working with customer to identify functional and systems requirements.
- Team player with demonstrated ability and track record of influencing across organizational boundaries.
- Experience with Agile development
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Solution oriented, applies creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to overcome challenges
- Good organizational skills with ability to plan, prioritize and execute effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where-ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Capability Analyst, Software Developer, Java, SQL, Agile, IT, Remote, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home