UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare is a mission-driven organization, committed to helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone. This mission is a key part of what makes UnitedHealthcare distinctive, and we have an ambition to demonstrate our tangible commitment to delivering on it.
The Manager, Social Media is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of our paid social media initiatives for UnitedHealthcare. You’ll work across the organization and our lines of business to lead, organize and execute paid social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networks.
From charting a course for our paid social media investment strategy to working directly with internal clients to execute paid social media campaigns, you’ll be at center of everything we do in social media.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Nurture relationships with our social platform partners, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Manage partnerships to ensure deadlines, deliverables and outcomes are met
- Works with UnitedHealthcare leadership to understand what unique opportunities exist in social to drive their objectives
- Seek out new avenues to drive traffic and results for our external content efforts (newsroom.uhc.com)
- Manage external agency/platform and content creation partner relationships, including influencer campaign management
- Apply paid media, primarily in social media channels, in support of content initiatives
- Measure paid media performance, benchmarks
- Proactively builds effective relationships and positive communication with business leaders to develop content that creates advocacy
- Develops and manages budgets for specific projects and campaigns
- Social media monitoring / listening (Brandwatch)
- Thought leadership/consulting abilities on social strategy for our internal business partners, including targeting, objective and budget
- Manage Executive LinkedIn strategy and presence
- Organic media strategy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising or the equivalent
- 5+ years of paid social media experience
- 5+ years of experience in a matrix organization
- 3+ years of experience building relationships with internal stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience in project management and/or execution of content or advertising projects
- Proven ability to implement and deliver paid social media initiatives
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid executive presence
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with program measurements and metrics, particularly within the social media vertical
- History of effectively driving results in a dynamic, matrixed environment with high degree of organizational change and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to champion continuous change and consult with versatility
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Media Manager, Social Media, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote