Position Description Shipyard Laborer - Mayport/Jacksonville, FL Are you looking to get into the Shipyard industry? Serco is looking for Shipyard Laborers to join a high-profile and challenging project supporting the US Navy. Shipyard Laborers will be on a dynamic team, supporting our C5ISR system installations. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our Sailors. This position will be based in our Jacksonville/Mayport, Florida area. You will be part of a team that works closely with the customer and other Serco team members to deliver high technology performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations. In this role, you will: * Performs general manual labor including loading, unloading, lifting and moving supplies and materials.
* Must perform duties as a fire watch and welder`s helper as well as install electric cable when needed.
* Works under immediate supervision.
* Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Qualifications To be successful in this role, you must have the following: * Have a High School diploma or GED. * Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
* Willing to travel if needed.
* Applicant must be willing to work second shift and willing to work more than 40 hour work weeks. * This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens, be able to obtain gain access to shipyards (NAVSTA & DBIDS), undergo a background investigation and pass a drug screening. If you are interested in supporting and working with our team across the globe on a passionate, talented, and diverse Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career! Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply! Company Overview Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets). To review Serco benefits please visit: www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco . If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email. Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email . COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).