Location: REMOTE, work from home.
- Must be located in one of these time zones: Alaska (AK), Hawaii (HST), or Pacific (PST), as the working hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 11:00 am - 8:00 pm PST.
Note: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added over time
- Review Support queue for stuck or complex support tickets to provide support or take over the ticket(s). Monitor and provide Support Engineers technical expertise, guidance and instruct them on best practices for resolving issues.
- Answer Technical Support team members’ questions and provide advice on technical issues.
- Support Technical Support team through hands-on management of support cases.
- Serves as an escalation contact for Support to manage critical customer issues. Investigating, diagnosing and resolving tickets. Facilitate communication between Service Providers, Sales, and Engineering. Help them gain a good understanding of the technical issues and the paths towards resolution.
- Escalate individual cases as needed with Engineering and Product Management to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with the Director of Services to identify product trends and communicate to Product and Engineering clear and actionable recommendations towards product improvement (Bugs and Features). Review bug backlog to ensure proper priority.
- Determine training criteria for on-boarding new Support Engineers. Deliver technical training and knowledge transfer sessions to enable Support members to provide technical support.
- Oversee and helps to maintain knowledge base (aka knowledge base articles) by documenting known errors, workarounds, procedures, and application specific information.
- Create and send Minerva Networks Service Advisories as needed.
- This job involves on-call responsibility 24/7 to cover the time outside business hours with a frequency of about 1 week every 2 months.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Required Skills & Abilities:
The Senior Engineer must be at a high level of technical expertise with the Minerva product line and the underlying technologies, capable of troubleshooting complex technical issues, interfacing with Engineering and QA teams to resolve customer issues quickly.
Technical proficiency in Linux, SQL, MySQL and Oracle databases, web services and IP networking required. Familiarity with microservices architecture, Kubernetes, and Docker a plus. Previous experience with video streaming, HLS and DASH, Origin servers, Digital Rights Management, and video applications is preferred.
Communication skills are a must have for this position, both written and verbal.
- When interfacing with customers, the Senior Engineer manages the communication with escalated customers, inspiring confidence that progress is being made and that the highest priority issues are being addressed.
- When communicating with other departments within Minerva, the Senior Engineer smooths the flow of information from customer to technical departments, ensuring that key customer information is captured, including configuration, logs, and use cases for problem replication. The Senior Engineer is an effective advocate for the customer, explaining the business impact of the issues.
A candidate for this position must have:
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Have a positive and easy-going attitude, demonstrate strong work ethic and integrity, and demonstrate calmness and composure.
- The role requires you to remain calm under pressure and solve problems in real time, using strong diagnostic processes and out-of-the-box thinking.
The candidate must additionally demonstrate strong leadership qualities where he shows an ability to work with cross-functional team and management members.
- Ability to work with, coach and support employees of different backgrounds and experience levels.
- The Senior Engineer will demonstrate an ability to carry out analyses on the performance of other Technical Support Engineers while drawing insights that lead to their improvement.
Required Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- A candidate for this position must have had at least 5+ years of working experience in Systems, Networking, and Support. Preferably at a senior position in a Technical role handling complex issues. A suitable candidate will also have a proven ability to foster mentoring relationships and to drive continuous results and improvement of support personnel.
- General functional knowledge of and exposure to one or more of the following areas are desired: IPTV, IP Networking, Telecommunications Industry.
Minerva Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, train, compensate and promote without regard to age, race, religion, creed, color, nation origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran’s status or disability.