Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We're looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager for our Core Eligibility Platform team and will work specifically in product management efforts within the Eligibility and Authorization cohort, which is a subset of Core Product. You'll work closely with other Product, Project, and Engineering teams from wide-ranging areas of the enterprise including internal solutions teams as well as those from our business partners. We seek a software product management professional with proven experience driving feature level development that heavily involves technical requirements. As the domain of the Eligibility and Authorization team involves highly complex backend architectures, the successful candidate will possess both humility and confidence as they become more familiar with the domain. This role is very technical and requires a keen ability to communicate efficiently with both engineering and product teams to remove ambiguity from requirements and ensure deliverable timelines are met.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to the eligibility and authorization platform expansion by owning specific product deliverables from start to finish
- Aid in updating and communicating outward the roadmap for Core eligibility platform
- Work with other individual contributors and people managers from product, engineering, client implementation, program management, design, client delivery and account management for delivery of roadmap plans
- Provide hands-on, rolled-up-sleeves work ethic to lighten current day-to-day product load on the other Product Managers for the Eligibility team
- Attend stand-ups and track development progress in order to accurately relay the team’s efforts towards project completion
- Compose and walk-thru PRD (Product Requirements Document) to engineering managers and other product managers on our team
- Occasionally lead internal and external stakeholder calls regarding products and features they own and support in relation to development work we are tasked with performing
- Gather metrics to indicate opportunity for improvement and positive impact of our deliveries
- Preferring action versus inaction, you are not afraid to be wrong
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience working in software product management including roadmap planning and prioritization (i.e. tradeoff discussions)
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the concept creation, technical development, and launch of technical products
- 1+ years of experience with APIs and data transformation technologies
- 1+ years of experience presenting complex ideas in a clear and concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience owning technical platform products
- Passion for healthcare or experience in healthcare or insurance
- Background with Agile, Scrum, and other software development methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of analytics tools (Ex. Adobe Analytics, Splunk, Amplitude)
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Technical Product Manager, Core Eligibility Platform, Technical Product Manager, Product Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote