NextGen Federal Systems is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Joint Training and Exercise Software team in support Combat Command (COCOM) level events. This group operates out of Norfolk, Virginia but the position can work remotely from any location in the United States.
NextGen Federal Systems is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Joint Training and Exercise Software team in support Combat Command (COCOM) level events. This group operates out of Norfolk, Virginia but the position can work remotely from any location in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in the industry as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
- Strong logical thinking skills and development fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- A fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, team oriented, environment.
- A sound understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and software design patterns
- Understanding of system architecture and experience with distributed systems
- Design and development in Relational and NoSQL/Graph databases
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or related discipline.
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles as well as Agile frameworks
- Experience with collaboration, development tracking, and version control systems such as Confluence, Jira, and Git
- Knowledge of web-based runtime environments such as NodeJS and web application frameworks such as AngularJS and ReactJS
- Knowledge of application abstraction and container fundamentals
- Experience with container runtime environments such as Docker and container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Development in a Linux environment
About NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology and professional services provider specializing in advanced software solutions and comprehensive mission and business support services. We work in close collaboration with our Customers to truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably improve our client’s organizational performance. We have established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their position, tenure, race, or sexual identity.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees’ contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and adaptability.
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all levels.
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make mistakes.