Remote, Series A (Revenue Positive), Ruby Tech Stack, Refactor Backend!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Patrick Murphy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $140,000 - $180,000 per year
A bit about us:
***This position is for a FULLY REMOTE Senior Software Engineer... must be willing to work PST hours and be based in the USA! We can not sponsor or transfer visas, unfortunately. We use Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Flutter, AWS, Docker, Heroku***
We are the leading day guest booking platform providing the hotel industry a solution to monetize their under-utilized amenities and boost revenue while offering people a way to enjoy hotel amenities on-demand. Local leisure and business day guests can book amenities and workspaces at hotels, without an overnight stay, a flexible model made even more relevant and necessary in this new changing world. By creating a revolutionary new way people vacation- the easy and affordable micro-vacation or "daycation"!
Why join us?
- Great salary and strong EQUITY play
- Excellent benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote, just have to be willing to match hours with the PST team
- "Series A" funded and compounding revenue this year
- Excellent leadership team and opportunity for growth
- Ownership over backend refactor
- Opportunity to define the engineering culture as we continue to scale
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help scale our APIs and platform to the next level. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment, have a deep technical understanding of core technologies, and have experience with building dynamic pricing systems/marketplaces.
Once again our tech stack is as follows! - Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, React, Redis, Flutter, AWS, Docker, Heroku.
WHAT YOU WILL DO -
- Design, develop and operate services on the cloud that can scale to millions of users
- Strong commitment to metrics-driven product development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Work with product to understand end-user requirements and create solutions that impact our overall business and users
- Own back-end optimizations and new features across all of our applications
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic landscape
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR -
- 5+ years of backend experience with 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals with competencies in architecture, object-oriented programming and system design
- Experience building cloud-based, distributed, resilient systems with the ability to handle large and variable traffic volumes
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with CI/CD: Git, Github, CircleCI
- Working knowledge of Docker Containers & AWS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to have fun in a small team environment
BONUS POINTS -
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with one other server-side language like Python, Node, Golang
- Experience with Data Warehouse/Analytics pipeline setup
- Experience with Agile/Kanban methodologies and best practices
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.