ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Are you looking to grow your career in a high growth tech company? As the Senior Revenue Accountant, you will be an integral contributor to the success of the Revenue team as Matterport is experiencing record revenue growth. You will interface directly with colleagues “Matterpeeps” cross-functionally, at all levels of the organization and many of our key customers and vendors who are critical to our success.
- In this role, you’ll contribute to our accounting policies, process, and procedures related to revenue cycle. You will have insights to the front line of sales. You will partner with sales, sales operations, and legal teams to improve business outcomes and optimize company performance. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of SaaS business models and ASC 606 in a SaaS environment.
- We have just transitioned to a public company (MTTR) and find that critical thinking as priorities shift, and processes evolve are key to success in this role. As we continue to grow, you have many learning opportunities with exposure to various key accounting procedures and issues that will enrich your career experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform contract reviews to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and ASC 606
- Prepare audit-ready memos and revenue recognition checklist related to customer contracts
- Review and process revenue arrangement in Netsuite
- Participate in the deal review process for customer contracts and partner closely with Legal, Deal Desk, and Sales
- Perform analysis necessary to support revenue recognition practices
- Perform month-end close related activities, including flux analyses and related reporting
- Continually identify and implement efficient procedures and processes
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Preparation and review of General Ledger journal entries
- Assist with annual tax return preparation
- Additional duties may be assigned as needs arise
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with 4+ years of relevant experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) or software companies
- CPA and Big 4 experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge in understanding and applying ASC 606
- Detailed-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong financial systems background and NetSuite ARM experience is a plus
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.