At Linedata we believe finance matters to our society as much as energy to life and fueling financial transformation is vital for development and leadership.
___________________________________________ WE HUMANIZE TECHNOLOGY ___________________________________________
20 years experience, 20 offices, covering 50 countries, more than 700 clients, we are close to 1300 employees providing global humanized technology solutions aimed at the investment management and credit community. Linedata supports companies to grow and strengthens the development of its clients. As a member of the Client Services & Middle Office Operations, the Portfolio Accountant is part of our Linedata Gravitas business and supports a leading global investment management firm.
Our client is looking to expand the Finance Team through the addition of a Senior Portfolio Accountant. In this role, you will work closely with the Operations and Fund Accounting teams and will be responsible for the daily oversight of investment bookings and reconciliations. Other responsibilities will include oversight of the fund administrator, data warehouse enhancements, and automation projects.
Ideal candidates will be organized, self-motivated, resourceful and able to work effectively with all internal functional groups. The newly-created position will expose the candidate to a wide variety of investment products and investment vehicles. The environment is fast-paced and constantly changing and evolving. Here at Linedata, we encourage you to take risks and try out new ways of doing things.
* Provide daily oversight of the investment general ledger, including review and resolution of:
oLoan principal and accrual reconciliations.
oDaily p&l variances.
oInternal flow of funds exception report.
oInternal security master change report.
* Review and advise on general ledger bookings for new private transactions.
* Review and advise on general ledger bookings for corporate actions and other reorganizations.
* Review and advise on general ledger bookings at various levels of the joint venture and special purpose vehicle structures.
* Coordinate with valuation team to update month-end investment valuations.
* Quantify and analyze month end cash breaks.
* Review and action deferred income bookings.
* Assist fund accounting team in preparing quarter end adjusting entries in financial statement preparation.
* Coordinate regular meetings between Arena and fund administrator.
* Maintain issues log and control communication between Arena and fund administrator.
* Assist in maintenance of internal databases (i.e., deal pipeline).
* Assist in ad hoc requests and special projects.