If you are located in the Greensboro, NC area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Part of Learning Solutions, our Instructional Designer team is responsible for applying instructional design and development principles and processes to produce effective, engaging and innovative programs to support our internal operations business segments. As a member of this team, you will partner with a Learning Consultant to determine and propose performance improvement solutions, including training or other activities to ensure learning transfer occurs and performance gaps are met. Our design team conducts needs assessment and skills analysis for the business functions we support. We then use the analysis to design and develop training and performance-support solutions. Your primary goal is to ensure learning transfer occurs and to successfully address performance gaps.
As a Senior Online Learning Instructional Designer, you will be responsible to keep abreast of various design strategies, with emphasis in Online Learning. You will create original synchronous and asynchronous learning solutions in addition to converting existing instructor-led training programs to Online Learning programs. The Online Learning Instructional Designer will apply innovative and creative strategies including but not limited to web-based tutorials, documented procedures, audio and video vignettes, and simulations using various technology tools. In this role, you may act as a project manager over smaller efforts or be part of a design team with focus on larger efforts that may include a dedicated project manager. You will also be responsible for leading larger scale design efforts, leading multiple designers toward a common design project goal.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work an 8 hour shift during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm CST).
Training will be conducted on the job, which may be virtual or while traveling.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Applies a systems approach to curriculum design, re-design and development.
- Participates in the planning, development, and evaluation of learning programs from new hire training materials supporting ongoing learning and professional development of our operations’ learner audiences.
- Creates or converts existing instructor-led curriculum into an online learning format.
- Define learning objectives.
- Assume a lead role with multiple designers working on common design-related goal/projects.
- Be a mentor to other Instructional Designers.
- Accept responsibilities as needed in defining process and standards.
- Builds collaborative partnerships with peers, others in Learning Solutions and with business partners.
- Builds strategic roadmap for larger scale projects and forecasting on design capabilities.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing engaging, effective online learning programs and tools, both synchronous and asynchronous, using current and successful strategies while applying a systematic approach to instructional design and development.
- 3+ years of experience in conducting learning analysis.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Suite, Storyline, Engage or equivalent online learning development tools.
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning and needs assessment techniques.
- Experience with incorporating multiple media elements in to learning programs including audio, video, animation, simulation, and self-developed graphics.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in applicable field of instructional design and technology preferred. Equivalent Bachelor’s degree or work experience will be considered.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and fact-based decision making abilities.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and Visio.
- Strong time management, planning skills.
- Experience in project management, planning skills and working on multiple projects at a time.
- Group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed. Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others.
- Can work through ambiguity.
- Ability to produce quality results using rapid development models and tools.
- Experience in leading design projects in which multiple designers contribute.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Military & Veterans find your next mission:
We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Instructional Design, learning, Development, Adobe, design projects, Articulate Suite, Storyline, Engage, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo,