Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Senior Instructional Designer functions as part of a collaborative, high functioning team; collaborates with business owners/leaders, subject matter experts, clinical trainers and other training team members to provide effective design of systems and non-systems training, based upon business needs. Design support may include but is not limited to development of training modalities such as instructor led and web-based training, e-learning, educational resources, job aids, systems manuals, release notes and instructional guides. In addition to design support the ID leads and supports all phases of systems and technical training and serves as a resource for technical systems, applications and platforms. This is a travel position, may require up to 50% travel across the nation. This position reports to the Training Initiatives Manager.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 2 - 4 weeks of paid training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide training on the technology that supports clinical practice (EHR and other related IT systems) for system end users, super users and trainers
- Collaborate with the business segments to identify learning needs; works with SMEs and IT (Information Technology) experts to develop learning strategies and training content
- Obtain/confirm required licenses/copyright approvals for training materials
- Adhere to established guidelines for formatting and templates
- Research/identify appropriate delivery approaches/media/methodologies
- Apply principles of adult learning and training best practices to create effective and innovative training design solutions
- Schedule, coordinate, and perform virtual and face to face technical training
- Continually implement and update system end users, super users and trainers on technology efficiencies
- Work within and across multiple functional areas collaboratively to achieve training outcomes
- Work on projects as assigned related to training and development or other special projects as requested
- Travels to on-site locations across the nation as needed to provide technical training
- Serve as a technical resource to end users, super users and trainers
- Develops and delivers educational events which adhere to adult learning principles
- Identify and incorporate needed changes to learning solutions
- Develop tools/resources for evaluating/measuring post-training learning effectiveness
- Monitor and analyze training metrics/data/trends, and identify areas needing attending to enhance learning effectiveness
- Collaborate with other trainers to identify strengths and areas for improvement in training solutions, and appropriate steps to take to improve training effectiveness
- Generate/analyze reports on training processes/outcomes, and distribute to appropriate audiences
- Participates in Care Services learning initiatives as defined by blue chips
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma/GED with 6+ years experience in an instructional design role
- 3+ years of experience with instructional design, training development and training delivery
- Previous experience designing and developing online learning programs and tools; experience with instructional design and formatting; and educational material electronic packaging
- Strong technical skills required with previous experience working Microsoft office operations-PowerPoint (create & edit), Windows, Excel (Create, edit, Vlookup, Pivot), WebEx (Create and manage), Articulate (Create, edit self-learning modules), Teleconferencing (Create and Operate)
- Healthcare training experience, specifically training on EHR systems and providing training to healthcare professionals
- A telecommuter position: Must be able to travel with overnight stays up to 50% of the time
- Ability to flex work time to be able to provide virtual training after hours and weekends
- Proven experience with online learning development tools (such as: Adobe Captivate, Articulate Suite, Storyline, Engage or equivalent)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Previous SharePoint experience
- Strong project management skill to negotiate multiple simultaneous projects/deliverables
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working in highly collaborative efforts
- Ability to develop training content at a faster-than-industry pace
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: United Healthcare; UHC; MN Remote; Instructional Design; Training; Development; Educational, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo