UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Market Health Analytic Consultant provides effective, data-driven consultation and support to UnitedHealthcare key account customers. The consultant helps position the account management team as trusted advisors by providing analytic insight and recommended solutions within the framework of our “Motivating Health Ownership” consultative methodology.
This position sustains customer relationships in both Northern and Southern California and is focused on supporting key account customers with 500+ employees.
Critical to this position is the ability to derive insights from health plan utilization data and population health metrics – and to pair those insights with solutions that drive strategic conversations on various components of health plan design and population health management.
This position sits organizationally within Customer Analysis & Solutions (CAS) and is managed by the CAS Regional Director. This position also has dotted-line accountability to the Directors of Account Management in Cypress and Concord, CA.
If you are located in California, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzing and interpreting various forms of health plan cost and utilization data to identify potential areas for lowering financial trends, improving population health and employee productivity, and elevating health care consumerism
- Delivering “Annual Healthplan Performance Reviews” and participating in other customer meetings as a subject matter expert to present analytic findings and recommendations
- Creating a clear and compelling assessment of the root causes of medical trend, identifying actionable intelligence, supporting the business case for various solutions, and quantifying the value generated by historically implemented solutions
- Participating on teams to innovate new approaches to visualizing data that is both comprehensible and motivating
- Negotiating complex and sensitive situations with a win-win attitude and communicating information and recommendations in an articulate and professional manner
- Serving as a trusted advisor to internal and external constituents on healthcare cost and quality topics, and over time developing a solid working knowledge of UnitedHealth Group’s product portfolio
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (i.e., Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Health, Biology, Psychology)
- 3+ years of experience within healthcare or related field OR 3+ years of other relevant experience with data analysis, interpretation, synthesis and presentation of insights and recommendations to internal / external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of population health management strategies and emerging healthcare industry trends
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint, solid graphic design skills
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Annual Healthplan Performance Reviews, Client Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote