Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant is responsible for researching and investigating key business problems through quantitative and statistical analyses of utilization and healthcare cost data. The key areas of focus for this role include the identification of potential medical cost saving opportunities and the effectiveness of health management initiatives.
If you are located in Mountain West Region, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serves as healthcare economics/analytics consultant for national and local market projects
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative sustainable solutions
- Works with minimal guidance; seeking guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Collects, analyzes and performs quality assurance on analytic initiatives that consume data from multiple sources
- Performs statistical and trend analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre-post analysis, clinical trial results)
- Works with a variety of teams to identify areas of opportunity in order to drive financial performance of programs
- Provides consistent and timely communication on projects, results and conclusions from analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Health Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SQL, SAS query techniques to access relational databases
- Ability to interpret and review financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- Proficiency with BI tools such as MicroStrategy/Tableau as well as Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Medicare Risk Adjustment
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effective
- Ability to interact effectively with different business departments, team members, and external clients at all levels
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly
- Telecommute position. Prefer someone based in the Mountain West Region ( NV, CO, NM, AZ, UT)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant , health care analytics , SQL, SAS query, medicare, risk adjustment, claims, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from home, Telecommuting, Remote, Work at home, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Denver, Irvine, San Jose