Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Advisory Services operates on the intersection of strategy, business operations, data and technology to help our clients realize exceptional business value. We harness data and technology and use them to reimagine business transformations to design and architect solutions that help realize exceptional value for our clients. We are uniquely positioned to accelerate the value proposition for our clients across the health ecosystem with our unwavering focus on making health system work better for everyone.
We are looking for a solution, delivery and growth focused Senior Director with deep healthcare data strategy and data management experience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Advise Health Plans with their enterprise data strategy and data management initiatives to help them realize their strategic business objectives and priorities
- Lead strategic data and capability assessments working with a diverse group of business and technology stakeholders using the toolkit you built as an ex-consultant
- Passionate about and have intimate familiarity with health plan’s administrative and clinical data and know how this data can be used to realize administrative, financial and clinical use cases
- Excited about the potential of cloud (Azure or AWS) and would guide your clients on their cloud adoption and cloud data migration journey
- Lead and support health plan’s agenda for data transformation, data innovation and cloud acceleration initiatives building upon your prior experience in shaping, solutioning and leading multiple data warehouse and analytics projects for health plans (and health systems)
- Sharing your thought leadership perspective internally with the practice colleagues and are equally keen to share your distinguished point of view with the external audience
- Draw upon your hands-on solutioning and delivery management experience with all aspects of data supply chain management (acquisition, ingestion, integrity, integration, quality, architecture, governance, etc.) to build data management project delivery teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- 10+ years in health industry with sound understanding of health plan operations and applicability of data and insights across various business functions
- 7+ years of experience with health data management life cycle gained from solutioning, planning, leading and delivering multiple healthcare data warehouse projects of varying size and complexity – both on prem and in cloud
- Very strong data domain functional knowledge of health insurance admin data (Eligibility, Benefits, Medical / Rx Claims, Networks, Contracting etc.) and integration of clinical data underpinning risk, quality and value-based contracting (data such as EMR/EHR CCD, HL7, ADT etc.)
- 5+ years of consulting experience – preferably within formal consulting firm
- Proven business development experience and success generating new sales
- Experience managing client relationships and managing working relationships at C-suite and senior leadership level
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in health data strategy in one or more of the following areas such as: cloud data migration, cloud data security, cloud data supply chain governance, and/or hybrid cloud data architecture for medium to large scale health plans / payers
- Experience in business development activities such as responding to request for proposals (RFP), structuring solutions, client orals/presentations, and drafting statement of work
- Data innovation and business centric data leadership experience
- High level expertise and / or technical knowledge on emerging and innovative open source and cloud data management tools /platforms
- Familiarity with and applicability of FHIR, AI/ML, and / or Blockchain in context of designing enterprise data solutions
- Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Thought leadership to ideate the solutions and help clients shape the data-led transformations
- Publications on topics related to data-led innovation and transformation in health insurance space
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative data-related assessments, synthesize findings, and develop business case to support data strategy recommendations
- Effectively leading and delivering multiple projects simultaneously
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.