The Shop Data Science team is looking for a Senior Manager for the Shopping, Buyer team whose mission is to focus on all aspects of the Buyer-facing Shopify journey. Well-qualified candidates should have prior experience managing full stack Data Scientists focused on core e-commerce experiences such as funnel optimization, search ranking, product recommendation, controlled online experimentation and machine learning in production.
This role is an excellent fit for Data Science leaders who are capable of engaging across stakeholder groups and teams to drive quantitative rigor around product thinking, technical excellence, a team culture of methodical self-skepticism and experimentation and to ultimately create the best Shopping app in the world through the use of data, measurement, systems thinking and machine learning.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering closely with leaders in Product, Engineering and UX to design, implement and measure new products and features in the Shop app
- Defining and driving the implementation of best practices in Data Engineering, Product Analytics and Machine Learning in alignment with business goals
- Leading a culture of understanding and experimentation defined by quantitative acumen, deep user empathy and rigorous A/B testing
- Leveraging deep industry knowledge to create broad awareness of the possibilities using data and machine learning
- Creating a culture and process of self-serve analytics for stakeholders
- Being a servant leader always valuing Shopify’s and your team’s success over your own
- Leading a large team of Data Scientists and Managers, spanning across seven different time-zones, and ensuring that team is engaged, mentored and empowered to do their best work
You will need to have:
- 3+ years managing highly-technical teams comprised of Data Science Managers, Senior Data Scientists, Engineers and Analysts
- Gifted communicator with strong focus on communicating in clear and compelling ways to audiences of many non-technical backgrounds
- Applied experience working with large datasets both as an individual contributor and a leader
- Familiarity with design and analysis of controlled experiments (A/B testing)
- Deep understanding of the Python programming language
- Hands-on experience with modern large-scale data tools and frameworks like Apache Spark, Pandas, Apache Ray and strong knowledge of SQL
- Proven experience leading teams creating production machine learning pipelines
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries such as Scikit-learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Xgboost, etc.
- Proficiency in contemporary cloud infrastructure best practices and modern engineering practices (CI/CD, version control, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify and Shop, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Make sure to tell us how you think you can make an impact at Shop, and what drew you to the role.
At Shop, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Data Science Manager, Location: Jacksonville, FL - 32207