Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Join the HealthSafe ID team as a Senior Backend Software Engineer. The team works on building a state-of-the-art identity and authentication technology to service numerous populations, portals and applications across the UnitedHealth Group and beyond. We enable users to securely access their healthcare needs. Working with a diverse team, you'll tackle challenging scalability problems, impact millions of people and transform healthcare.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop authentication and authorization solutions for both Web and mobile applications
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and production deployment
- Work with product managers to understand the features, do technical assessment and costing, design, code, test and deploy
- Work with technical leads and security team to understand technical constraints and incorporate them into the design
- Support live-site with production debugging and track down causes and fix them in systematic ways
- Perform code review of the code produced by other engineers in the team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with software development in one or more high-level general purpose programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, C#, Python, Golang, etc)
- 3+ years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or deploying software products
- 1+ years of experience in technical design of software products and components
- 1+ years of experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- 2+ years of experience with production debugging and to track down causes and fix them in systematic ways
- Experience with authorization frameworks like OAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Web security, authentication, and applied cryptography
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Backend Software Engineer HealthSafe ID, Software Engineer, Principal Engineer, Principal, Backend, Software, Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote