Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Eden Prairie, MN preferred
- Performance Guarantee Accountant
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly Performance Guarantee Reserve processes and final Package compilation and delivery. This includes, but not limited to, in depth reserve analysis, finance meetings with each business, posting reserve journal entries, and performing reconciliations
- Responsible for customer monthly, quarterly, or annual Performance Guarantee close outs and payout of penalties. This includes reviewing Performance Guarantee Contracts and understanding contract language, knowledge of billing and revenue, and knowledge of risk in calculation of penalty
- Serve as a cross-functional SME and resource to senior leadership and others including (but not limited to), Sales, Finance, Operations, Product, and Data Architects
- Other Corporate Responsibilities
- Quarterly Source of Truth compilation, analysis, and ensuring accuracy of OptumHealth statistics reporting for Earnings Release and Investor Conference
- Assist with the annual review and testing of SOX Readiness controls for OptumHealth businesses and compile quarterly SOX attestations results for OptumHealth leadership
- Participate in or lead Ad-hoc projects and other initiatives to develop and implement innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
General Job Profile:
- Performance Guarantee Accountant is viewed as a PG expert who serves as a PG leader across OptumHealth businesses responsible for the accounting of PG reserves and close outs
- Functional SME; Analyzes Performance Guarantee reserves and payouts to customers by monitoring and measuring results against contracted performance targets, compiles month-end reserve reporting packages for product, operations and accounting leadership, and knowledgeable of the accounting functionality within the PURE PG tool
- Broad business approach; analyzes and compiles Source of Truth statistic reporting to Optum leadership, and assist with compilation and documentation of OptumHealth SOX readiness controls annually
- Resource to senior leadership; Performance Guarantee monthly reserve packages and quarterly consolidation, and Source of Truth statistics
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends; Support PURE system improvements for the performance guarantee process, able to troubleshoot and solve problems
Job Scope and Guidelines:
- Predicts emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them; identification of Performance Guarantee (PG) close outs and PURE reserve process
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; Able to identify and explain PG Reserve issues and work with PURE team to resolve them
- Participates in the development of business strategy; Leading the development of a more efficient PG Reserve process to meet the needs of the business and business customers. Assists with annual SOX readiness scoping and testing of key areas
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches; continuously looks for ways in which processes involving Performance Guarantees, Source of Truth reporting, and annual SOX readiness control testing can be improved
- May have segment-wide impact; collaborate cross-functionally with operations and product for PGs, maintain accuracy of reporting to Optum and UHG Corporate (Source of Truth compilation and presentation of statistics for Earnings Release and Investor Conference); work in partnership with OptumHealth businesses to ensure completeness and accuracy of SOX readiness internal control documentation annually
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting, finance or equivalent
- Accounting experience with Month End Closing and/or preparations of financial statements
- Experience with General Ledger systems and other databases
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and MS Office product suite
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion Essbase (Smartview), other data warehouses
- Project Management or process improvement experience
- Audit/Internal controls experience
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Solid financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Solid communication skills
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Accountant, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota