Accountants, don't get lost in the numbers! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Accountant. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you. At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for accounting issues and will be preparing monthly financial reports, performing bank reconciliations, and responsible for accounts payable, payroll processing, and financial analyses.
As a Senior Accountant your typical day may involve:
- Performing assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Record journal entries and produce the GL for multiple companies
- Assisting in the development of financial statements and reports
- Reviewing and explaining variances to budget/forecast and to previous reporting periods on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Preparing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Track and coordinate payments with AP and manage expenses on a monthly basis
- Work with AP and AR to produce AP aging and AR aging reports.
- Prepare and process payroll GL
- Working closely with other functional areas and business management to resolve issues and support achievement of business goals
- 2 years experience in tax or audit
- 2 years full cycle accounting experience
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience
- Must have 4 year degree