Perfect Golf Event (perfectgolfevent.com) is a national software, products, and service company that helps golf event organizers have a more successful golf event and raise more money through technology, innovative formats and exciting fundraising contests. We assist groups looking to organize, manage and market a fundraising golf event, beginning with a free service and scaling up. Organizations benefit in three main areas: attracting more players, selling more sponsorships, and ultimately raising more money.
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing certain tax returns, assisting with internal financial reporting, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure. Assists with General office duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Sr Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with the entry of payables, and daily cash transactions.
- Developing and maintaining routine reporting used internally.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analysis and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Assisting with financial matters related to the company’s core product offerings.
Specific Skills and Qualifications:
Candidate may be required to participate in testing that demonstrates an affinity for the responsibilities outlined. In order to be successful in the position, the candidate will need to have the following Skills and Qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- High Energy
- Comfort Taking Initiative
- High Attention to Detail, working in a heavy transactions environment
- Data Entry Skills
This position has limited or no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanning equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (32 hours or more). Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m, however flexible scheduling may be considered.
No travel is anticipated at this time.