Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Requires 3-5 years prior experience and/or Previous Law Enforcement, Military, or Corrections Experience
Customer Service, Access Control, Emergency Response, CCTV Monitoring, Patrol
Pay Rate $17.00 / hour
Allied Universal Services is seeking the position of an Armed Security Shift Supervisor.
The Armed Security Shift Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services on a specific shift at an assigned customer. An Armed Security Shift Supervisor acts as a liaison between site supervisor, Account Manager/Field Operations Manager and professional security officers. They supervise staff on assigned shift, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
- Be at least 21 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Communicate staffing needs on shift to Account Manager or Operations Manager
- Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or region HR support employees and Account or Operations Manager
- Administer JSA’s and safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for professional security officers on assigned shift including vehicle/driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
- Assist Account or Operations Manager to manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.